Engine Shops

Seth

My opinion is that a reference with very “recent,” experience is the way to go. A shop like Triad is based on recent experience and has done great work and currently does. Also, I have heard a lot of really good reviews from Jewel that are current.  When I say current I also mean the same staff, ownership, and management.  For example, I’m pretty sure Bulduc had an excellent reputation years ago brought on by the original owner. I don’t know their work now but I’m pretty sure there was an ownership change. I had some historical cylinder work done by them with the prior owner of my plane so I looked them up. At the time it was the original owner with a really good reputation and frankly a good story behind their business.  Now it would be wise to get current information on how they are doing. 
I can’t speak to Penn Yann, Poplar Grove, Gann, or the others because I have no information about them. Engine work is an art, science, and a passion in my opinion. 

From recent experience, Mena did quality work. It took quite some time but it was near Thanksgiving and an employee decided to go work elsewhere so it put them down a head. 

the outcome was a very nice product and very nice looking one

• Like 1