oil change - how to Avoid pollution

NicoN

On 10/12/2019 at 12:57 PM, N131MA said:

My oil filter is mounted vertically so I never tried this one. I looks easier to use than plastic bags and towels under the filter. 

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/tempestoildraintool.php?clickkey=30995

Worked as advertised on my IO360A3B6D  Hooked it up came back 45 minutes later and not a drop spilled.  Well worth the 40 and forgoing the cleanup. My filter sits horizontally, as long as you have some room to get the Easy Drain band around the filter it should work for your application too.  

14 minutes ago, KB4 said:

Worked as advertised on my IO360  Hooked it up came back 45 minutes later and not a drop spilled.  Well worth the 40 and forgoing the cleanup. My filter sits horizontally, as long as you have some room to get the Easy Drain band around the filter it should work for your application too.  

Couldn’t get it to fit the A3B6.

56 minutes ago, KB4 said:

Worked as advertised on my IO360A3B6D  Hooked it up came back 45 minutes later and not a drop spilled.  Well worth the 40 and forgoing the cleanup. My filter sits horizontally, as long as you have some room to get the Easy Drain band around the filter it should work for your application too.  

39 minutes ago, PT20J said:

Couldn’t get it to fit the A3B6.

Same here.   I tried one of those on my A3B6D and couldn't find a way to make it work.    Now I just use the "let it sit overnight" method before removing the filter, and it's empty when I take it off.    I find that much easier.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, EricJ said:

Same here.   I tried one of those on my A3B6D and couldn't find a way to make it work.    Now I just use the "let it sit overnight" method before removing the filter, and it's empty when I take it off.    I find that much easier.

It’s a tight fit for hands but works well. Fully tighten around filter first with plastic T handle positioned as low as possible, then T handle screws in all the way—then you must back the T out all the way and she begins to flow. 

• Like 1