WTB Induction Duct

Looking for a servicable  induction flexible duct for 180 hp with carb.  It is the black  flexible accordion looking part between the air filter, and the carb heat box.   P/N 600064-000    I have a 68 M20G, but it is the same part for A, B, C, D, G.  I have been trying to find a new one with no luck.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jb...

the planes are different...

the hose part is different...

The challenge is identical....

The solution is needed for both...

One supplier with a decent background in the hose manufacturing business would be greatly appreciated...

The existing part supplier has been hard to get parts from over the years... and the price is....beyond ridiculous...

Every engine on and off the planet uses an intake hose of a similar sort...

I had this challenge a decade ago with my M20C... I might still be annoyed by the current situation...

Best regards,

-a-

There seems to be a snafu on that GeeBee plan... covered in the other thread about the same topic...
Best regards,
-a-

LOL - “SNAFU”. I’d say he got derailed. Hope that those that installed his baffles don’t get stuck with an AD or some other form of action.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mooney built over 2000 C's and D's, almost 3000 E's and F's. If the induction duct gets replaced every 10 or 15 years, that is 150 or so per year for the C/D, 200+ for the E/F.  At a few hundred dollars each, it appears a stream of money to someone to come up with an answer to this problem.  Why are these not available through Mooney?

1 hour ago, David Lloyd said:

Mooney built over 2000 C's and D's, almost 3000 E's and F's. If the induction duct gets replaced every 10 or 15 years, that is 150 or so per year for the C/D, 200+ for the E/F.  At a few hundred dollars each, it appears a stream of money to someone to come up with an answer to this problem.  Why are these not available through Mooney?

Probably because the induction boot doesn't fit into their OOPS (Out Of Production Support) model. I had no issue getting components that are used in their current and late model fleets. But for the true vintage Mooney parts, these parts are left to the original stock hidden in a MSC or maintenance shop. Or if you are lucky with a manufacturer still making them -- most likely for a much larger fleet.

Inviting @GEE-BEE to have a look-see at the aeroduct part pic that Delta has above...  ^^^^

and the T.A.M. Outlined by David Loyd further up the chain...

M20A,B,C,D and G are using it..all carbed 180hp. according to Lasar’s site... https://lasar.com/power-plant/180hp-intake-duct-m20a-b-c-d-g-600064-000

Best regards,

-a-