Las Vegas Avionics Shop Recommendations

HaldenG

I have a KI 525A HSI that has been getting an intermittent HDG flag and today has stopped moving altogether.  The HDG flag fluctuates off and on when I mess with the KA 51A slaving meter but as of today no movement in the HSI even when I try to manually turn it with the slaving meter so I'm not sure where the problem may lie.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a fix as well as any avionics shop recommendations around Las Vegas and the surrounding areas?

It does sound like a loose or corroded connection or pin.  Unfortunately we don’t have a full avionics shop yet. I do have good contract avionics guy on the field at VGT but he may be busy for the next week or so.  Pm me and I will give you his info.  If you need something faster I highly recommend Bob Webber at webair consulting.  He is highly experienced and can usually diagnose things like this over the phone.  I use him a lot :http://www.webairconsulting.com/

• Like 1