Uavionix acquires Aerovonics

mooniacX

2 hours ago, mooniacX said:

Looks like The AV30 belongs to Uavionix now. I wonder if this will speed up the STC?

As long as they honor the deposit I put down...

As for the speed of the STC, this is what they have on the site:

"The AV-30-C is undergoing certification via the AMOC AML-STC process. This is a new risk-based certification methodology that is being supported for Part 23 Class I and Class II Aircraft. We expect to complete this certification by the beginning of Q2 2020."

On 10/8/2019 at 7:19 PM, McMooney said:

sigh, first trutrak now aerovonics,  seems all the new gadgets I get my hopes up for go poof

How did this go “poof?”  Seems like the AV-20 and AV-30 are both available and being advertised on the Uavionix website.  I can see myself getting one of these down the road.

I was just on the uAvionix site and they still list the experimental version for $1,595.  Nothing there about the certified one we are all waiting for.

EDIT:  Going back I did find the pre-order area for the certified version and it does show an estimated final price of $1,995...... my bad.

On 10/11/2019 at 6:31 PM, MBDiagMan said:

The AV20 was $400, not the AV 30.  I think the AV30 certified was around $1600.

alarming though.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. They raised the price by $400 to $1995 (was $1595) yes that is alarming. It's up there with the G5 overnight 

Received an email from uAvionix today that says they will be shipping the AV-30 Certified in early 2020. I'm not holding my breath on how "early" in the year that will be. However, they did say that they will honor the price of the pre-orders. Glad I pre-ordered and got the lower price.

"We're honoring orders and pre-orders taken before the AeroVonics acquisition. Your order will be fulfilled by uAvionix at the original purchase price. AV-30 Certified $100 deposits are still valid. A shipping notification with tracking will be provided when your order ships. Any purchases made after October 10th, 2019 will adhere to our updated pricing. Thank you for being a customer, we look forward to working with you."

I noticed on the uAvionix site that they seem to have changed the wording on the expected autopilot integration:

"Autopilot integration will be accomplished in a phased approach. The initial autopilot support will be for STEC systems (which have their own roll/pitch source) and allow the heading bug on the AV-30 to drive the heading datum input on the autopilot. This interface will be accomplished with the APA-MINI converter. Follow on autopilot integration will occur over time, with most likely the Century systems first. These interfaces provide roll and pitch, in addition to the heading datum, to the autopilot. This interface is accomplished with the APA-10 converter. The APA-10 converter also provides ARINC 429 interface capability, which allows full vertical and lateral deviations from a digital navigational radio to be displayed. The AV-30 display component is provisioned for these interfaces, but will require a software update with the applicable autopilot adapter becomes available."

That's a glaring omission of BK autopilots.

On 10/18/2019 at 2:03 PM, jaylw314 said:

I noticed on the uAvionix site that they seem to have changed the wording on the expected autopilot integration:

"Autopilot integration will be accomplished in a phased approach. The initial autopilot support will be for STEC systems (which have their own roll/pitch source) and allow the heading bug on the AV-30 to drive the heading datum input on the autopilot. This interface will be accomplished with the APA-MINI converter. Follow on autopilot integration will occur over time, with most likely the Century systems first. These interfaces provide roll and pitch, in addition to the heading datum, to the autopilot. This interface is accomplished with the APA-10 converter. The APA-10 converter also provides ARINC 429 interface capability, which allows full vertical and lateral deviations from a digital navigational radio to be displayed. The AV-30 display component is provisioned for these interfaces, but will require a software update with the applicable autopilot adapter becomes available."

That's a glaring omission of BK autopilots.

Hmmmm...so no BK?