mooniacX

Uavionix acquires Aerovonics

Looks like The AV30 belongs to Uavionix now. I wonder if this will speed up the STC?

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

2 hours ago, mooniacX said:

Looks like The AV30 belongs to Uavionix now. I wonder if this will speed up the STC?

As long as they honor the deposit I put down...

As for the speed of the STC, this is what they have on the site:

"The AV-30-C is undergoing certification via the AMOC AML-STC process. This is a new risk-based certification methodology that is being supported for Part 23 Class I and Class II Aircraft. We expect to complete this certification by the beginning of Q2 2020."

sigh, first trutrak now aerovonics,  seems all the new gadgets I get my hopes up for go poof

Hopefully this will help get the AV30 and accessories to market faster. uAvionix will need a revenue stream after the ADSB sales drop off next year, so they have motivation.

Edited by philiplane

On 10/8/2019 at 7:19 PM, McMooney said:

sigh, first trutrak now aerovonics,  seems all the new gadgets I get my hopes up for go poof

How did this go “poof?”  Seems like the AV-20 and AV-30 are both available and being advertised on the Uavionix website.  I can see myself getting one of these down the road.

On 10/10/2019 at 3:37 PM, mooniacX said:

Well it looks like Uavionix just upped the price of the AV30 $400 to $1995. 

The AV20 was $400, not the AV 30.  I think the AV30 certified was around $1600.

alarming though.

I was just on the uAvionix site and they still list the experimental version for $1,595.  Nothing there about the certified one we are all waiting for.

EDIT:  Going back I did find the pre-order area for the certified version and it does show an estimated final price of $1,995...... my bad.

On 10/11/2019 at 6:31 PM, MBDiagMan said:

The AV20 was $400, not the AV 30.  I think the AV30 certified was around $1600.

alarming though.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. They raised the price by $400 to $1995 (was $1595) yes that is alarming. It's up there with the G5 overnight