Fly-In 10/12 Flagler (KFIN)

fantom

From David:

Dear Mooney Enthusiast,

Ruth and I were unable to attend last month’s event at Winter Haven because we were at a Splash-In on the Grand Lake of the Cherokees in Oklahoma, but I understand it was well attended and everyone had a good time.

Our next event will be this Saturday, October 12, at High Jackers on the airport at Flagler (KFIN).

All events start at 11:30.

Please check your e-mail before attending as sometimes I make last minute changes for various reasons.

Future Schedule

October 12, Flagler (FIN)
November 9, Sebring (SEF)
December 14, Bartow (BOW)
January 11, Leesburg (LEE) 

I really appreciate it if you can e-mail me (daveanruth@aol.com) by Thursday night of the week of the event and let me know if you are going to try to make it, so I can call the restaurant on Friday with a head count.  No one is obligated to come if they told me they are coming and can’t make it for mechanical, weather, health, or any other reason.

Hope to see you soon,

Dave and Ruth

Jim,

While I didn’t attend the fly in I was at KFIN in my Bonanza and there were several good looking Mooney’s on the ramp. It’s all you heard on the radio for 30 minutes when they were leaving ... “Mooney 12345 you are cleared for take off runway 29”. It kind of made me homesick for a Mooney. After so many years and so many Mooney’s it still doesn’t seem right saying “Bonanza 12345”

Frank

5 hours ago, Frank B. said:

Jim,

While I didn’t attend the fly in I was at KFIN in my Bonanza and there were several good looking Mooney’s on the ramp. It’s all you heard on the radio for 30 minutes when they were leaving ... “Mooney 12345 you are cleared for take off runway 29”. It kind of made me homesick for a Mooney. After so many years and so many Mooney’s it still doesn’t seem right saying “Bonanza 12345”

Frank

You must not have read the emails that say all Florida Mooney's are junk.... :)

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

My apologies for the necro-post, but just wanted o chime in and see if High Jackers had enough servers to accommodate the group? I've been to a couple fly-ins there and it seems that even with prior notification, they simply did not have enough servers to deal with the group. Given that they are on the ramp and a lot of business comes from $100 burgers, when we tell them a group is coming, they should have the staff to provide at least mediocre service. On a solo run, service has never been a problem. But when you get one or maybe two servers for 40 people, it's simply a mess.