Missile Prop Arm distance

Seth

Here's an interesting problem.  I cannot find in all my paperwork/weight and balance information the actual weight and arm location of my current full feathering three blade Hartzell Missile prop.  I can get the weight from Hartzell - non issue.

The arm length for CG calculations should I change the prop (which I'm doing) I cannot find.  In all the paperwork it simply states new CG calculated as per STC SA00472SE and Per STC SA00081SE.  But in all the STC paperwork I have it does not give the location.  It had diagrams, everything, but I'm not able to find it.  

I'm thinking SA00081SE may be the rocket STC, but I don't have that.

Can someone with a Missile check out your prop location for me in your paperwork?  In the Rocket paperwork, can someone share with me their prop location?

Last, since I have a K Cowling as part of the Missile Mod, can someone with an M20K give me their prop Arm location?  

I do plan to call Rocket Engineering on Friday.

Thanks!

-Seth

Seth,

the STC for the TopProp and 310hp....

Doesn’t offer much detail either...

It does mention to check the installation instructions.

Back when we did the work we were also comparing the fine detail of various blade we design weights... so this document must exist somewhere...

My docs are locked in a hangar.... miles away.  Let me know if you can’t find what you are looking for...

Best regards,

-a-

C5584DCA-3C2D-48FD-9991-D65FACF1C68F.png

11 hours ago, philiplane said:

This is easy to find info from the Type Certificate Data Sheet. Everyone should have a copy in their records for reference. 

Stock Mooney M20J prop arm is -35.5"

Mooney M20K prop arm is -45.32"

But a Missile is neither . . . It's a J airframe with an engine larger than a K stuck on it, and Lord only knows what cowl and spinner . . . .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RogueOne said:

Ps I thought you blocked me. Make up your mind Alabama 

Must have blocked one or more of your previous identities. Never k ew Iowans were so slick and hard to catch . . . . Must be all the wind and snow that does that to you . . .

Don't make so many snide comments if you can't handle getting some back. Makes you come across like a p$%&! (and I don't mean like a cat).

Now, back to our family programming, before I habe to,block the next several Iowa identities . . . . Must be a slow night in Cedar Bluff . . . . . 

Edited by Hank
  • Haha 1

The mooney service manual tells you how to measure where the datum is on a leveled plane. Dropping a plumb bob through a nose gear bolt if I recall. Level the plane, Mark the datum on the ground, drop the plumb bob at the CG of the prop and measure the distance between the two marks. You will have to get the CG reference of the prop from Hartzell.

14 hours ago, Hank said:

Must have blocked one or more of your previous identities. Never k ew Iowans were so slick and hard to catch . . . . Must be all the wind and snow that does that to you . . .

Don't make so many snide comments if you can't handle getting some back. Makes you come across like a p$%&! (and I don't mean like a cat).

Now, back to our family programming, before I habe to,block the next several Iowa identities . . . . Must be a slow night in Cedar Bluff . . . . . 

You forgot rain. That and fertile soil is how Iowa feeds the world. What’s Alabama got besides football and a history of racism?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, RogueOne said:

You forgot rain. That and fertile soil is how Iowa feeds the world. What’s Alabama got besides football and a history of racism?

We sure ain't had no rain since sometime in August  . . . 

Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville had an awful .ot to do with the early space program, from WWII rockets right up through the Apollo program. They did all of NASA's R&D.

Other than that, I can't contribute a while lot. I'm not from here . . . . 

Edited by Hank