Where can I get this part? Air syphon for walker engineering airsep

My plane has a Walker Engineering air/oil separator installed years ago with a leaky part. The part is the “air syphon” and I contacted Walker engineering (original stc holder) and they said stc now owned by airwolf. I called airwolf and they won’t sell me individual part (although it looks exactly the same) since they no longer support the original airsep. Funny thing is they will sell me a new airsep (which is listed in spruce as the “airwolf Walker airsep” for 500 bucks. So, I’m not only looking for this part but also for some answers. I looked on airwolf website and they list a bulletin saying they no longer support any Walker engineering airseps. So am I out of luck or is there another source? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9fad1415cacd471517d55205e432097f.jpg41cde4d60dba425f723995e2da252f66.jpg

do you need a new part?

Looks like the flange has got some issues...

Cut it off, reflange with a proper tool.  (Ask your mechanic...)

Probably can be salvaged.

Walker Engineering probably has them on the shelf?

Send them an email with your request? Or call them direct...

http://www.airwolf.com/aw/products/air-oil-separators

they like their parts... sounds like  challenge to get through to the right person...

• AirSyphon pump and AirTees are welded, bent, beaded and anodized.

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

14 minutes ago, BigD said:

My plane has a Walker Engineering air/oil separator installed years ago with a leaky part. The part is the “air syphon” and I contacted Walker engineering (original stc holder) and they said stc now owned by airwolf. I called airwolf and they won’t sell me individual part (although it looks exactly the same) since they no longer support the original airsep. Funny thing is they will sell me a new airsep (which is listed in spruce as the “airwolf Walker airsep” for 500 bucks. So, I’m not only looking for this part but also for some answers. I looked on airwolf website and they list a bulletin saying they no longer support any Walker engineering airseps. So am I out of luck or is there another source? Thanks in advance!

Ask your mechanic if he can repair it or if he'll work with you making a new one as an owner-produced part?

• Like 1

Sometimes there is an open MooneySpace challenge...

Some vendors have made it a challenge to buy things that the vendor wants to sell....

Usually an MSer can get through the thin veil by making phone calls... don’t be surprised when you find a friendly voice on the other end of the phone...

Go for it!

Make the call...

Hi, my name is -a-...

I have a walker air sep...

I broke this part...  I have the part number...

How do I get a new one?

I don’t need a whole kit... just this one part.

Please / thank you... :)

If you work this challenge correctly... you get the right part at a decent price and can report back on your success!

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Sometimes there is an open MooneySpace challenge...
Some vendors have made it a challenge to buy things that the vendor wants to sell....

Usually an MSer can get through the thin veil by making phone calls... don’t be surprised when you find a friendly voice on the other end of the phone...
Go for it!
Make the call...
Hi, my name is -a-...
I have a walker air sep...
I broke this part...  I have the part number...
How do I get a new one?
I don’t need a whole kit... just this one part.
Please / thank you... 

If you work this challenge correctly... you get the right part at a decent price and can report back on your success!

Best regards,
-a-

That’s what I did. And I was told specifically airwolf will not support walker anymore. This is confirmed by their service bulletin on their website (which I saw after). I’m just asking here if anyone knows another supplier. I also think it’s important that I share my experience, as airwolf offers many products. My last plane had two of their oil filter kits which I installed and was pleased with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Sounds like D found the sales prevention team!

Way to go airwolf!

There are a few companies that are a real drag to work with...

Good luck with the re-flanging...

Thanks for posting the pirep...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

You may not be able to re-flare that tube. You have to do it with the B-Nut on the tube. It doesn’t look like there is enough tube left to fit in the flaring tool.

I would find a real talented aluminum welder, or use aluminum solder and make one from scratch. You will need to find someone with a beading tool, or buy tubing that has been beaded.

• Like 1

FWIW

A local company here that makes hose assemblies and rebuilds auto air conditioning compressors (AAPAC), does aluminum soldering all day long. They solder tubing for hose assemblies on receiver driers and such. A company like that could solder those tubes together. They may also be able to bead them for you.