Florida airport restaurants

1ang

On 10/1/2019 at 6:44 PM, siu1526 said:

I like this place.
06c996eb7b3430c1aa511c2a1e8032eb.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was / am  based on this field for a few years, on and off, and that’s just how the food and service both are here, hit or miss. It is my understanding that the servers here all have to split their tips so none of them have any loyalty to a good tipping customer. You can tip 100% of the check or 20% of the check and it makes no difference.  I used to get their steamed shrimp probably three times a week on average. Over the last few months though it either comes out cold, so over steamed that you can’t peel it, and a few times, in my opinion and I am obviously not a chef, it had been either out of the water a few days too long or had been steamed and then re-steamed. Pretty much “shrimp mush”. Sometimes it even comes out with very little or no seasoning on it and you have to ask them for a shaker of “Old Bay”.

I am hoping that the owners / management get a hold of this situation and turn it around because several of us local pilots / airport bums, miss our three  or four times a week get togethers there. 

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/17/2021 at 2:53 PM, flyboy0681 said:

My wife and I ventured out a few weeks ago to Vero Beach and was seated outside for a delightful lunch.

Next weeks weather looks pretty nice, I’m definitely going down the coast for lunch somewhere south of New Smyrna. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, M20Curious said:

So...bad form if you’re interested in buying a Mooney, want to talk to Mooney owners... and show up to a lunch in an Archer?  Can’t be worse form than having an AOL email address IMO.  :rolleyes:

The AOL address... is classic...

Its up there with having a bank account that is 30+ years old....

Not much value in either of them... unless you are checking your credit rating...  probably worth an extra point out of 850 or so...

Now... if you go on line using your same 300/600 Baud acoustic modem... that would be bad...

The solution to going to a Mooney flyin with a brand P plane...  get there early... leave late....  :)

Or use it for advertising...  like a soup board...   “Please help...  need Mooney... Can you spare some time?”  :)

Best regards,

-a-

Everglades City (X01) is a great little strip to fly into! Make sure you are on top of your speeds and short field landing technique. There isn’t a restaurant on the field however if you call in to Camellia Street Grill  (239) 695-2003 an hour or two before you are going to be there and give them a heads up that you will be landing at the airport they will have someone pick you up.

I would land and as soon as I shut off the engine I would call in, by the time I had secured the plane and gotten pax out and everything a car would be there waiting at the gate. 

It’s a great little spot right on the river. Try the Gator tail or the crab when it’s in season. If you are in the mood for a good village swamp story ask the locals about “Square Grouper”. 

-Trent