Airport Identifier App?

Probably a dumb question. What is a good website or app for quickly finding airport ID info. I see LOTS of posts that say something like "great burgers at HTS!" or "Cheap gas at XSE!" Etc..  Would be nice to quickly search that ID and determine location, etc.

Thanks! (From near 74P- see! You want to look it up, amirite?! Pahrump NV Calvada Meadows Airpark for anyone curious :D)

9 hours ago, Stetson20 said:

I see LOTS of posts that say something like "great burgers at HTS!" or "Cheap gas at XSE!" Etc..  

My inability to locate XSE under www.airnav.com   perplexed me.....        Which led to a new resource for non - North American codes:

https://www.world-airport-codes.com/burkina-faso/sebba-6755.html

Although the 100LL may be quite a discount there, @Stetson20 , I think I'll pass  ;)

On 10/1/2019 at 6:20 AM, Seymour said:

My inability to locate XSE under www.airnav.com   perplexed me.....        Which led to a new resource for non - North American codes:

https://www.world-airport-codes.com/burkina-faso/sebba-6755.html

Although the 100LL may be quite a discount there, @Stetson20 , I think I'll pass  ;)

I randomly typed in 3 letter identifiers- the first one turned out to be a USA airport; the second- not sure. I'll look it up on world-airport-codes dot com! :D

Edited by Stetson20
Not available on AirNav... duh (sheepish grin)

Aren't 3 letter identifiers are VOR's, most airports that had 3 letter/number identifiers are being changed to meet the ICAO format, ours went from T65 to KTXW (Weslaco, TX)...Some sites couldn't find T65 unless you put a "K" which wasn't correct but it worked. 

2 hours ago, RLCarter said:

Aren't 3 letter identifiers are VOR's, most airports that had 3 letter/number identifiers are being changed to meet the ICAO format, ours went from T65 to KTXW (Weslaco, TX)...Some sites couldn't find T65 unless you put a "K" which wasn't correct but it worked. 

Never had a problem finding ones around here:  06A, 08A, etc., or over by dad (33A); never used a K on them either.

Spent several years based at 06A and 41A, but just moved to one that starts with a K. Maybe your issue is the T (for Texas?), while these'uns all start with "A" for "Atlanta" whose airspace they are in (despite some being in Alabama and one in NC).

39 minutes ago, Hank said:

Never had a problem finding ones around here:  06A, 08A, etc., or over by dad (33A); never used a K on them either.

Spent several years based at 06A and 41A, but just moved to one that starts with a K. Maybe your issue is the T (for Texas?), while these'uns all start with "A" for "Atlanta" whose airspace they are in (despite some being in Alabama and one in NC).

not sure then...Years ago I was planning my long solo x-country on my New Bad to the Bone Garmin 195...was sitting in my back yard so the GPS could have a clear view and was plugging in airports, when I tried to enter the my home field as my last stop it wouldn't take it, but it had taken it as the departure airport. My solution was to enter KT65 which it took, saved to route and headed out the following morning, short story long the last leg sent me to KT65 just as it should, problem was KT65 was a user waypoint (my back yard) 1.2nm from the center of Charlie Airspace, luckily the clouds had pushed me down and I snapped about 3nm before I busted the airspace.