The Maxwell's home burned down yesterday.

10 minutes ago, RogueOne said:

Not trying to be harsh and just thinking of how I have prepared (Insurance) for such a tragedy.  Why do people think they need financial assistance from such an event?  Why is the response to provide financial assistance?

It’s less about financial assistance and more about a gesture of caring and concern. No go fund me campaign is likely to even make the financial needle quiver with respect to insurance proceeds, but it must be gratifying to know your friends and customers care and are thinking of you.

-dan

• Like 5

Stuff, of course, can be replaced.  The loss of furniture that was special because it was a gift from parents/in-laws that they had from a relative is of course NOT replaceable...Artwork, Holiday ornaments etc that are not replaceable as they were “special”.  Those are the “stuff” I would regret when all family and pets are unharmed in such an event.

A good reason to think/check extension cords/storage of flammable/combustibles and other potential ignition sources...

These life “tests” can happen to us all.

• Like 1

It’s less about financial assistance and more about a gesture of caring and concern. No go fund me campaign is likely to even make the financial needle quiver with respect to insurance proceeds, but it must be gratifying to know your friends and customers care and are thinking of you.

-dan

I agree and in this spirit I contributed something. Dan was so helpful when I needed advice! He took my calls and responded to ALL my sometimes silly questions. The least I could do was to contribute with the fund to show my appreciation and solidarity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Oscar Avalle said:

I agree and in this spirit I contributed something. Dan was so helpful when I needed advice! He took my calls and responded to ALL my sometimes silly questions. The least I could do was to contribute with the fund to show my appreciation and solidarity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This Dan hasn't been all that helpful to you - except maybefor selling you a super clean Cherokee back in the 90's  :)

Don has been super helpful to me as well. 

• Like 3

I'm just glad Don, Jan and the canines are all OK.  Stuff can be replaced, folks a little less so.  My technician in graduate school got burned out of her apartment, escaped with the clothes on her back.  No insurance, nothing.  We all pitched in whatever we could.

Edited by steingar
  • Like 1

Some stuff can be replaced but as Scott has pointed out there are things we have that are deeply personal that cannot. As someone that lives in an area that has been surrounded by some of the worst wildfires in history and with friends and co workers that have lost everything I can relate to how this can affect someone. Thankful they were unharmed and all the critters are safe but this creates and enormous emotional stress and the process of rebuilding is going to be challenging to say the least. in my job I was tasked with restoring electricity to the people that we're rebuilding after these fires and had contact with thousands of people and to experience the stories first hand made it very personal for me. My best wishes go out to the Maxwells.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, RogueOne said:

Not trying to be harsh and just thinking of how I have prepared (Insurance) for such a tragedy.  Why do people think they need financial assistance from such an event?  Why is the response to provide financial assistance?

Because Texas is too far for me to ship a casserole. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1