Master Pilot

kpaul

Our own Bob Belville @Bob_Belville was presented with the Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award today in PCB at the Mooney Summit.20190928_164618.thumb.jpg.09a811400c9e82eb1985a6d410105f23.jpg20190928_165239.thumb.jpg.0f459ca79436b666893c015585ebd0ce.jpg

I do however think that Bob may have taken the award a little too seriously by emulating Milton Wight's beard for the ceremony. (Orville and Wilber's father below) 

Milton_Wright_1889.jpg.ef0948199ab0df043a6278c0e91fb0fb.jpg

• Like 14

Congratulations Bob and Mrs. Belville!

When you look back you probably remember that solo flight like it was yesterday! Glad I got to meet you at this year's Mooney Caravan.

Well done sir!

Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award

The Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award is the most prestigious award the FAA issues to pilots certified under Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) part 61. This award is named after the Wright Brothers, the first US pilots, to recognize individuals who have exhibited professionalism, skill, and aviation expertise for at least 50 years while piloting aircraft as "Master Pilots".

A distinctive certificate and lapel pin is issued after application review and eligibility requirements have been met. Upon request, a stickpin similar in design to the lapel pin is also provided to the award recipient's spouse in recognition of his or her support to the recipient's aviation career. Once the award has been issued, the recipient's name, city and state will be added to a published "Roll of Honor" located at https://www.faasafety.gov/content/MasterPilot/RecipientList.aspx.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob_Belville said:

I don't recognize the old goat in those pics... here's a better shot of Nancy and me (with Nancy's brother, George). In front of our first '66E, N9249M. 

Image may contain: Robert Belville

That's a great pic!!!  Bob it's been an honor getting to know you.  We were thrilled you chose to have the Master Pilot award presented at Mooney Summit.

• Like 5