LOP and oversquare

Austintatious

9 hours ago, Sandman993 said:

FWF claims up to 25hp increase with their 10.1 cr pistons stc. Volumetric Cylinder match when new cylinders are used as in my case. I don’t have any provable science to back up my explanation... and my only previous experience with the a3b6d was about 400hrs running around with intake valves that were not opening all the way. I bought this ship with a new cylinder recently installed... I suspect the previous owners got a look at the cam while the cylinder was removed and hung a for sale sign on it. Oh, they conveniently forgot to disclose... And at the time, I had not yet become wise to cams.

Whatever, I’m pleased with the cruise and climb numbers... also added a power flow exhaust to diminish the hp loss of a stock muffler. She’s a grin maker now!

Just received Blackstone oil analysis at 155hrs smoh and they say everything looks great and engine is healthy. Was asked a week ago to deliver a pilot back to his home town 130nm away and while he was drooling about several things, among others, he mentioned how smooth the engine ran.

FWF rocks!

So what would be “grin making” numbers?  This is my box stock 67F, 1200smoh with me (220lbs) baggage (50lbs) and 300lbs of fuel climbing out at Albany International last Friday. This was close to standard day, about 51°F and 29.5 in. The drop in climb through 5000 was me beginning to reduce pitch to cruise climb.

17C6C8F9-07AF-406A-99FE-8B88E0E40AB6.thumb.jpeg.8d6794ac224cd442eb6330072f303cff.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Shadrach said:

So what would be “grin making” numbers?  This is my box stock 67F, 1200smoh with me (220lbs) baggage (50lbs) and 300lbs of fuel climbing out at Albany International last Friday. This was close to standard day, about 51°F and 29.5 in. The drop in climb through 5000 was me beginning to reduce pitch to cruise climb.

17C6C8F9-07AF-406A-99FE-8B88E0E40AB6.thumb.jpeg.8d6794ac224cd442eb6330072f303cff.jpeg

Your bird doing good... I simply pitch for 120-125Indicated asap after rotate. Every time I take off, conditions are different sometimes I see 1300 fpm and sometimes less. Maybe someday, We’ll meet up somewhere and do a comparison. One of the cool things about 10.1 cr is, it keeps trying above 5,000’ msl.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sandman993 said:

Your bird doing good... I simply pitch for 120-125Indicated asap after rotate. Every time I take off, conditions are different sometimes I see 1300 fpm and sometimes less. Maybe someday, We’ll meet up somewhere and do a comparison. One of the cool things about 10.1 cr is, it keeps trying above 5,000’ msl.

I too see numbers much over book some times. This is just the first time that my initial ROC has been captured by flightaware.