Insurance / New Owner

Ron_Dace

Just bought a M20J / 201 and have asked several insurance companies for quotes.  They come with riders that will make it difficult to get the necessary flight training.

Catch 22: complex / retract signoff in make and model without insurance - get insurance without complex / retract signoff in make and model.  There should be some short term workaround.  Not every CFI will have that make / model.

4 hours ago, Ron_Dace said:

I don't think I have a quote from Airspeed Insurance Agency.

I can insure your plane and provide your checkout if you want.  I often do both.  I have over 370 hours in Mooney M20Js.

Maybe get a one way airline ticket up there and we do your checkout on the way back to Dallas.

Feel free to call and discuss (insurance or flying).

Parker

Airspeed Insurance Agency

214-295-5055

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ron_Dace said:

Central Illinois but I would travel pretty much anywhere in the midwest to get that flight training.  There is a ferry pilot that I can use to get my airplane there.  I also have a camper that I can use to stay in while training.

Just talked to a CFI up in Illinois who has 2000 hours in M20Fs and M20Js if you are interested in a contact.  PM if interested.