Landing light seal

I’m working on changing out my landing light and found that the previous light was sealed in place using silicone. I thought I had read that there’s supposed to be a rubber seal of some kind behind the landing light but cannot find anything about it by searching. Does anyone know if there’s supposed to be a seal and what the part number or comparable size would be so I could make one? It’s a 1964 M20C. Thanks!6d215cbf660e4b8239e6b15f9f36a7a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The retaining ring looks to be in pretty good shape. I put a whelen par 46 led in its place and I can slide it around a small amount if I try. I’m afraid it’ll rattle a bit while the engine is running. One contributing factor may be that one of the adjustment screws are missing. Do you know what size that screw is (or part #) so I could get a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if you look at the old and new lights you may notice a small difference in size. I tried putting a new LED landing light in and it was thinner than the old one and a little loose. The shop offered to make a silicone gasket to snug it up but I just put the old light back in. 

If they’re the same size, I guess that explains the silicone.