New Owner!

Derek

Just closed on N355RL, a 1995 M20J MSE!

Excited, and also a bit mortified... Thank you all for your advice and help! Please keep it coming!

Now it's in the shop for 3 weeks waiting for parts for some skeletons that came out of the closet in the prebuy.

Attached the first picture I took after becoming an owner for the first time.

IMG_20190925_140202.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Derek said:

Just closed on N355RL, a 1995 M20J MSE!

Excited, and also a bit mortified... Thank you all for your advice and help! Please keep it coming!

Now it's in the shop for 3 weeks waiting for parts for some skeletons that came out of the closet in the prebuy.

Attached the first picture I took after becoming an owner for the first time.

Is that the factory paint?  I've never noticed landing gear being any other color than white before.  I find the blue gear mesmerizing somehow :) 

That's a pretty clean looking engine bay.  I hope that says good things about the prior owner...

14 minutes ago, jaylw314 said:

Is that the factory paint?  I've never noticed landing gear being any other color than white before.

Yes it is the original paint.

14 minutes ago, jaylw314 said:

That's a pretty clean looking engine bay.  I hope that says good things about the prior owner...

The prior owner was very involved, owner assisted annuals every year until he passed away a couple years ago.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hank said:

Congratulations!

It will get better. Starting with yiur first flight without that pesky-but-useful Instructor riding along for transition training . . . 

Thank you. I'm looking forward to the training a lot. I imagine it's going to feel something like a first solo.

7 hours ago, MarkD34M said:

Derek - congratulations! Plane looks great. Where are you basing the plane and having the work done. I base my Mooney at KBDR and fly in Westchester quite often. We can meet up for lunch. 

I will base at POU.

Work is being done by C&W at Caldwell.