New Owner

1ang

20 hours ago, 1ang said:

He guys, first time owning an airplane, have a hanger and looking to stock it up. What are some of the essentials needed?

Credit card with a high limit always helps. 

But to really do some things on your own, you will need the maintenance manual and the parts manual for your plane pretty much before anything else. A lot of what you will need depends on what you want to do and are comfortable doing. Fill us in on some of your background. Start with finishing up the information on your avatar like location and model. Don't have to go with the N-number yet, but give us some background on yourself, if you would. There are members with enough varying backgrounds and experience, you will fit in perfectly.

Welcome aboard!

Save yourself a lot of strain and get a Redline Sidewinder. 

Call Mooney and get the current Illustrated Parts Catalog and Service Manual (only available in pdf).

If you plan to do any work yourself, first develop a good working relationship with an A&P (best if one with an IA). Aquire tools as needed and buy quality (not necessarily Snap on, but usually not Harbor Freight).

Skip

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 12:35 PM, 1ang said:

He guys, first time owning an airplane, have a hanger and looking to stock it up. What are some of the essentials needed?

Also have a hanger with skidding doors and a slight hill right in front of it. Do u think it will be easy to push it up and aver the “rails” solo by hand or will I need some alternative?

AWESOME! What model?

Save yourself a lot of strain and get a Redline Sidewinder. 
Call Mooney and get the current Illustrated Parts Catalog and Service Manual (only available in pdf).
If you plan to do any work yourself, first develop a good working relationship with an A&P (best if one with an IA). Aquire tools as needed and buy quality (not necessarily Snap on, but usually not Harbor Freight).
Skip

I read that there maybe added tire wear do to this, anything you have experienced?

5 minutes ago, 1ang said:

I read that there maybe added tire wear do to this, anything you have experienced?

If you mean the Sidewinder, no. The friction roller isn’t rough enough to significantly abrade the tire. In fact, my only gripe is that it doesn’t have quite enough grip when wet. But I can still get it over the little lip into the hangar when wet with a little extra pressure. Soooo much better than doing it by hand.

Skip

On 9/24/2019 at 2:35 PM, 1ang said:

Also have a hanger with skidding doors and a slight hill right in front of it. Do u think it will be easy to push it up and aver the “rails” solo by hand or will I need some alternative?

What is your local; I am getting ready to put my Mooney up for sale and have a lot of hangar stuff and no hangar/plane. 

15 minutes ago, 1ang said:

Where can I see this album

Click on my avatar. It will take you to my information page. Look at "albums". I think I have one marked tug or tow.

I have a lot more photos I can send if you are interested.