Mooney crash in Italy

I was not aware that the bladders are still / again available. Would be an option for me to increase my fuel to 64 USG... 50 is just a bit too few for my liking.

And yes, I think that would do the trick in terms of fire resistance or at least improve it. That is also what they did to Concorde after that catastrophic fuel tank failure at Paris.

Thanks. Found it in the mean time.

My tanks are fine so far but I'll keep that in mind. Actually, I think the 64 USG bladder option is a better thing for a C Model than a full Monroy LR as the latter a) does not address the problem discussed here but makes it worse by quantity and b) the instances where you can use a full 88 USG with Monroy tanks on a C is limited due to weight, whereas 64 even with the weight increase are managable. With the bladders and full 64 USG compared to 52 standard, it's 100 lb approximate difference.