Prebuy Wednesday, I Probably Need to Buy Stuff

Derek

3 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

I've been using paper funnels lately. I like not having a messy drippy funnel on the hat rack and found I was using a lot of paper towels to keep them all clean. Now the paper funnel just gets folded up and tossed in the bin with the empty quart.

That's what I do away from home. Otherwise I keep a funnel draining into an empty oil can. Takes a couple of years to accumulate enough drippings to be mostly windproof (about an inch).

1 hour ago, PT20J said:

You can also make a funnel from a plastic Coke bottle. The threads mate with the Lycoming dipstick tube. Screw one on and cut the bottom off at the appropriate angle with a box cutter. 

I chopped a small water bottle in half when I first got my airplane and it's been in the hatch with a blue shop towel in it since.   Super easy way to put oil in while on the road and minimize mess at the engine and in the hatch.   Lighter and smaller than a funnel.