Look who loved their 1st flight!

kmyfm20s

Jackson went big on his first flight! San Diego to Sun Valley Idaho and he loved it!! Mom was a little worried at first but rapidly relaxed when she saw how much he was enjoying the flight. He refused to  keep his headset on and he was very happy once the fasten seat belt light turned off so he could take a look out the window:)

241FA823-F79D-47EB-8CBB-F974AE4B875E.thumb.jpeg.723fc3a317161e0d71de227ffca683f1.jpeg

DA8E93EE-D33E-4BA1-8980-F9934C9627BA.thumb.jpeg.e1492b2dfc68d27c3b6ee439acad27ea.jpeg

• Like 13

12 hours ago, carusoam said:

Who is flying right seat while all the selfies are going on?  :)

Their eyes are straight ahead!

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Best regards,

-a-

Our friends daughter hitched a ride with us to see her mom for the weekend. I told her to hold the wheel while to took a photo. She didn’t know I had it on autopilot and was taking her job seriously:)

Edited by kmyfm20s
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, aaronk25 said:

Beautiful family! I’m looking forward to taking my son (first ride up soon). Yours looks about the same age? 10month-year?

Take care,

Aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you! He just turn 1 year and it seemed like the right time to do it.

• Like 1

Jackson went big on his first flight! San Diego to Sun Valley Idaho and he loved it!! Mom was a little worried at first but rapidly relaxed when she saw how much he was enjoying the flight. He refused to  keep his headset on and he was very happy once the fasten seat belt light turned off so he could take a look out the window:)

241FA823-F79D-47EB-8CBB-F974AE4B875E.thumb.jpeg.723fc3a317161e0d71de227ffca683f1.jpeg

DA8E93EE-D33E-4BA1-8980-F9934C9627BA.thumb.jpeg.e1492b2dfc68d27c3b6ee439acad27ea.jpeg

Wonderful!!!! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 minutes ago, Jim Peace said:

everyone has headsets on but the child,,,,some people even put them on their dogs.....

this is great,,,, get the kid started with tinnitus early on.....he will love you for the gift that keeps on giving until death

Your the best Jim! Plus you need to learn how to read.

Edited by kmyfm20s
  • Like 1

Just now, Jim Peace said:

I have tinnitus and it is the worst thing I have going on with my body.....hearing a tone as I type......

The kid pulls them off for a photo and your going say that people treat their dogs better? Most of use take our headsets off while in flight for a period of time. People like you are why I hesitated to share this in the first place and why I wrote what I did. Your an ass! 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, kmyfm20s said:

The kid pulls them off for a photo and your going say that people treat their dogs better? Most of use take our headsets off while in flight for a period of time. People like you are why I hesitated to share this in the first place and why I wrote what I did. Your an ass! 

I first flew with my dad when I was only a few months old.  The first time I used any hearing protection in an airplane was the first flight after my PPL checkride (17th birthday).  My dad gave me a set of telex headsets for my birthday present.  I had 1000-1500hrs in single engine GA between the ages of 0-17 with nothing but open ears.  No tinnitus.. yet..  Tinnitus is quite common with age, not always a result of exposure to loud environments.    

I tried hard to keep some kind of hearing protection on my kids, but I was largely unsuccessful.  Once they hit about 2-1/2 or 3 they started to prefer the headsets. They love hearing them self talk, sing, yell, etc..,  pilot Isolate on the audio panel is a must! :)

Glad to see the future aviator enjoying the ride,  It's the only way to grow up!

Cheers,

Dan 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kmyfm20s said:

Thank you for posting the pics anyway, love seeing those smiles!

1 hour ago, DanM20C said:

I first flew with my dad when I was only a few months old.  The first time I used any hearing protection in an airplane was the first flight after my PPL checkride (17th birthday).  My dad gave me a set of telex headsets for my birthday present.  I had 1000-1500hrs in single engine GA between the ages of 0-17 with nothing but open ears.  No tinnitus.. yet..  Tinnitus is quite common with age, not always a result of exposure to loud environments.    

I tried hard to keep some kind of hearing protection on my kids, but I was largely unsuccessful.  Once they hit about 2-1/2 or 3 they started to prefer the headsets. They love hearing them self talk, sing, yell, etc..,  pilot Isolate on the audio panel is a must! :)

Glad to see the future aviator enjoying the ride,  It's the only way to grow up!

Cheers,

Dan 

Long before I ever flew on a commercial plane or GA I spent a number of hours in the back of KC-135's, C-130's, and C-141's. No headsets, just the foam earplugs if you could get kids to wear them. When I was very young I am told by my parents that I refused but as I got older I wore them. Only 47 yo now but no tinnitus yet, thankfully.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RogueOne said:

You do INDEED have a beautiful family.  Here are a couple of pics my (soon to be having our first granddaughter) daughter sent.  She gets her looks from her mom.  Thank God :)

P.S.-I can’t wait to smell every smell she sends my way.  (Front to back on gals) if memory serves...

9F34CE6A-6712-4FF9-8678-68E9703DDBD6.jpeg

0015D98C-11AC-483D-BBDD-971221355338.jpeg

5B9997E9-F660-4056-9E95-117BBCA9E82E.jpeg

Awesome, congratulations!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kerry said:

Back seat in a later model Mooney ain't going to do anything to that kids ears. 

I would imagine The child is starting to speak a few words.  If you can get him to wear a headset then it might be a good time to start his radio work will Artcc.

Yes, it’s really not that loud. We often take a break from our headsets on long trips and talk. Kinda the same noise level as a car with the windows down.

49 minutes ago, RogueOne said:

You do INDEED have a beautiful family.  Here are a couple of pics my (soon to be having our first granddaughter) daughter sent.  She gets her looks from her mom.  Thank God :)

P.S.-I can’t wait to smell every smell she sends my way.  (Front to back on gals) if memory serves...

9F34CE6A-6712-4FF9-8678-68E9703DDBD6.jpeg

0015D98C-11AC-483D-BBDD-971221355338.jpeg

5B9997E9-F660-4056-9E95-117BBCA9E82E.jpeg

Congratulations Scott!  

My mom gave me that book 7 years ago just before my first daughter arrived. Good choice.

Cheers,

Dan

• Like 1