Is it legal? Will it work? Should I set the bourbon down?

4 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

Good for your son. Those that have flown with me know that I always ask them "where is the key" before I help push it back or get near the prop. I have been in rehab for a few months once, dont plan on returning...

Yes, he’s very safety oriented for a 9 year old. Either that, or he likes to catch dad messing up. He wants me to put a sticker of a guy missing a head on the cowling to remind people not to get in front of the prop. I guess I should stop telling him stories from work...

• Like 2

I was looking at my ignition key in the switch today...

From the seat and operating the switch... it is near impossible to tell what mag the key is pointing towards...

Something keeps the eyes from looking straight at the key...

My keys have round heads... not a straight line pointing at anything...

Just another reminder... because it happens....

1) The mixture kills the engine...

2) It is very easy to forget to turn the switch off....  (for all of us, over time, if we’re lucky, :))

3) And pull the key out, and put it on the glare shield...

4) and don’t leave the tow bar in place either...

I went 1 for 4 today... I turned the switch off...

Fly more often!

Use check lists!

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Having 2 planes in the hangar it’s pretty tight at times and I’m moving props to clear horizontal stabs and then again for towbars, I’ve gotten in the habit of doing a “P” lead ck on every shutdown then keys come out after normal shutdown 

• Like 1