Front Baffle Support 1965-66

Skates97

While my AP has the exhaust off I am replacing the baffles around the guppy mouth and redoing the seals around the generator and starter. I noticed that there seems to be some play at the bottom, got looking in the Parts Catalog and notice that I am missing a support which would keep it from moving forward and aft. You can see the support which is #8 in picture, 600035-002. I also have an empty hole there where the bolt goes through to mount it at the bottom. My question is where does it mount at the top? The catalog is not very detailed...

1270343285_BaffleSupport.thumb.jpg.340ed1753357d27a77ec4bac82ac1147.jpg

When I bought my plane, my a&p at the time found a fatigued support brace, which is the same part that you are talking about, except for the F model.  It holds the bottom of the baffle from moving forward or backward.   It was a joke how flimsy the original was, so he made a new brace out of 4130 bar stock.   It only needs to be 1/16” - 1/8” thick and 1/2” wide.. cut to length, drill both ends for bolt holes and bend each end at 90 degrees for F model, but looks like you don’t need to bend for the dog house version.  overkill, but you won’t have to worry about it again.  

It does not mount at top.   The bar goes front to back.   The front is mounted on the baffle and on the F model, the back is mounted to the top right bolt that holds the ram air boot to the servo.   So, on yours, it probably mounts to the carb somewhere. 

Edited by Browncbr1