Installing Spin-On Oil Filter Adapter

TheAv8r

We purchased the Donaldson spin on oil filter P/N 77852 for Lycoming engines to be able to make oil changes easier ('65 M20E) . My question is the part doesn't come with installation instructions... I had a spin-on filter STC on my Cessna back in the day and I know it specifically specified desoldering the oil screen and removing it when installing the spin on kit, is it the same with the Mooney kit or is it installed over the screen?

Thanks siu. This is perfect. Looks like we'll need to grab some extra parts!

You welcome.. I don’t know what happen to what i wrote before the link but any how. When i installed the spin on adapter on my mooney i removed the screen housing and screen, removed the temperature probe and the thermostatic valve. Installed the temp probe and thermostat valve on the housing, removed the old gasket installed new gasket for the adapter assembly..... Advice your A&P about being careful with the LH lower stud i’ve seen a few guys strip those when installing the oil filter housing adapter.. Good luck with everything..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk