Is this true?

Jim Peace

my Garmin pilot subscription ran out:

I have the GTN and the FlightStream 510 and the GTX345.

They told me that I can just buy the Garmin Nav database subscription on the internet and it will connect to the flight stream 510 using ForeFlight somehow and I do not need to buy the Garmin Pilot app anymore like I used to with the connex button for my nav database updates.

Also they told me that they now geo reference some NOS taxi charts for the larger airports and safe taxi is not needed........for airports such as DAB.

Is this all true or did I get some new hire on the phone who does not know a thing about Garmin and flying airplanes? 

17 minutes ago, HXG said:

That has not been the case in the past. If you find that to be true though Garmin or Foreflight, let us know. 

Foreflight just told me that it is not true.  I would still need the GP app to use the flight stream 510 for the nav database updates....

As far as them geo referencing the NOS charts....who knows.....I bet they have not...

49 minutes ago, Jim Peace said:

Foreflight just told me that it is not true.  I would still need the GP app to use the flight stream 510 for the nav database updates....

As far as them geo referencing the NOS charts....who knows.....I bet they have not...

Foreflight is correct. And with them being acquired by Boeing and being a sister company for Jepp, I doubt it will change.