Mooney Down - KCHD

N201MKTurbo

3 minutes ago, carqwik said:

Wow...good thing no one was fueling at that time.  Imagine sitting in the restaurant there watching this unfold...yikes!  Glad all are ok.

It is amazing it got that far and didn't take out any other airplanes, either parked or taxiing. I was up flying when it happened.

They have been doing a lot of repaving on the ramp lately so most of the planes were moved to the north 40 and haven't moved back yet.

Edited by N201MKTurbo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, flyboy0681 said:

That will buff out.

I know - not to make light but no one is hurt... with the two of them standing around looking at that wing I can just see the bubble text above one of their heads saying, I think it might be bent.  Do you think it’s bent?

4 minutes ago, SantosDumont said:

1 bounce ok, 2 bounces, go around, 3 bounces and well... this is what happens.

Doesn’t sound like THAT was the scenario though...

Glad the ramp was clear of activity and appears only metal bent.  As someone that ALSO had his only incident while under instruction I feel for the pilot.  That is one STEEP friggin’ learning curve.  

Definition of a BAD DAY...

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, 201er said:

At least there’s a good service center on the field. But how did it get all that way sideways from the runway to the pumps? That’s a good distance.

The white and red hangar in the third picture is an MSC. Chandler Aviation

The owner of Chandler Aviation flys a Comanche.

Edited by N201MKTurbo
  • Like 1