Hangar distance

JimB

Hangar distance  

97 members have voted

1. 1. How far do you drive to get to your aircraft?

• Less than 15 minutes
    • 15-30 minutes
    • 30-45 minutes
    • 45 minutes plus

On 9/12/2019 at 8:34 PM, Yooper Rocketman said:

I've got the same ground tug!  We bought it many years ago for our mercy flight organization and then moved up to a "Best Tug" (Oh, that one is Awesome).  I asked to buy the old on, dead batteries and all, and some of the old timers in our org made a motion and passed it before I could say no to sell it to me for $200.  I had all I could do to stop them from giving it to me (I donate a ton of time to the org).  A set of new batteries and a new operator switch and it tugs the Lancair, with 160 gallons of fuel, just fine.  Well, except on ice in the winter time.

Tom

I have the same tug, the electric nose dragger dragger. Previous owner of my plane through it in with the deal. I find it pretty underpowered, even with a new battery. Wonder if I could pep it up somehow. I have the gas version at my hangar in Fla, has a 8hp Briggs engine and that is powerful.

11 hours ago, Bravoman said:

I have the same tug, the electric nose dragger dragger. Previous owner of my plane through it in with the deal. I find it pretty underpowered, even with a new battery. Wonder if I could pep it up somehow. I have the gas version at my hangar in Fla, has a 8hp Briggs engine and that is powerful.

Bravoman, Can you compare that unit to the video of my tug in action. I wonder how mine compares. No need to comment on my steering abilities.:)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DonMuncy said:

Bravoman, Can you compare that unit to the video of my tug in action. I wonder how mine compares. No need to comment on my steering abilities.:)

Yours is much better than mine. The speed along very flat ground is similar, but yours obviously has significantly more torque. There is a slight grade into my hangar  where my (electric) nose dragger just not does not have the power  to get the plane over the lip without me assisting by pushing with one hand at the prop hub. Nice plane by the way!