I thought you meant like the guy who did my annual this year:

• 9 weeks to do the inspection
  • Another week to let me know he was done 
  • 2 more weeks to get me an invoice
  • Lots of things done incorrectly 
  • Several jobs done without notifying me or obtaining permission
  • Several jobs done that I specifically instructed not to do
  • Labor charge for annual, plus additional 2 hours for washing the airplane

Superman his own self couldn't wash an airplane in two hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steingar said:

Superman his own self couldn't wash an airplane in two hours.

once upon a time I washed/waxed and detailed mine.......never again, there is a guy on the field that will do it for what I spent on gas going out to the airport for 3 days

3 hours ago, M20Doc said:

I remember some years back there was a fund raiser for a maintainer who was hit by a propeller while working on a running engine.  It’s a very dangerous why to check an engine.

Clarence

I believe he lived, albeit disabled. If not mistaken, he was DOM of Dugosh in Kerrville if memory serves me right (a perishable skillset..)

I have a rule to always be behind the wing with an engine running or one that could be running.    Walking across a busy ramp is not a straight line affair.   Just like walking around horses except the front end of a plane is dangerous.  72 people a year die from mammals.

10 hours ago, M20Doc said:

I remember some years back there was a fund raiser for a maintainer who was hit by a propeller while working on a running engine.  It’s a very dangerous why to check an engine.

Clarence

6 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

I believe he lived, albeit disabled. If not mistaken, he was DOM of Dugosh in Kerrville if memory serves me right (a perishable skillset..)

Indeed Mike is correct, I have forgotten his name but he worked at Dugosh. But the plane wasn't running. As best as I recall, the plane was in the hangar and he moved the prop, which turned out to be hot and fired prop just enough to hit him in the head pretty hard. Although luckily the head injury was survivable it resulted in a significant brain injury that affected more than his speech. After a long recovery and rehab, he did return to work but the return was short lived.  The brain injury apparently took to much a toll on him to return to work permanently. My biggest recollection of this was that it really taught me how dangerous a hot prop can be - it doesn't need to be a running engine to do a lot of damage, one pop can do it if your in the way. This was in the early 2000's - my guess around 2003 or 2004 or maybe even 2005 i.e. probably over 15 years ago now. 

Edited by kortopates
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

Excluding the humans who kill people, since humans are mammals and there are a few more than 72 who die from exposure to other humans, due to wars, and other sordid activities.

More than 72 human mammals have perished due to exposure to other human mammals in the City of Chicago this year alone, despite the nearest war zone being thousands of miles away . . . . .  Those poor folks lost a lot of Mooney access when Meigs Field closed, to not become a city park, new development or anything else but an eyesore on the lakeshore.