Garmin Swap Out

Bill Richards

Let’s start with a common CB challenge...

I’m having difficulty affording the avionics I want to have...

Got any suggestions for my CB friend?

On a slightly more serious topic... As ADSB rebates were limited to a certain number... any idea how to get a rebate reservation now?

:)

Best regards,

-a-

On 9/11/2019 at 10:58 PM, carusoam said:

Let’s start with a common CB challenge...

I’m having difficulty affording the avionics I want to have...

Got any suggestions for my CB friend?

On a slightly more serious topic... As ADSB rebates were limited to a certain number... any idea how to get a rebate reservation now?

:)

Best regards,

-a-

My understanding on the ADS-B rebates is that you have to wait and see if any rebated were forfeited.  There was a specific day of the week they will post any that come available.  When they do come up they are first come first serve.  All the info is on the FAA ADS-B rebate site. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 7:37 PM, RogueOne said:

I just bought a plane and am doing a 330ES upgrade.  I keep checking in and no rebates are available...

I am in a similar situation. I am reading the FAA website and it says this about eligible equipment:

"Eligible equipment: ADS-B Out avionics that have received an ADS-B Technical Standard Order authorization and meet ADS-B Out rule requirements (software upgrades of existing equipment are not eligible). Rebates are not available for aircraft already equipped or for which the FAA has paid or committed to upgrade."

So we might be out of luck on this. I would be happy to have someone prove me wrong.

Editing this as someone nicely proved me wrong.  So disregard above statement. 

Brian

Edited by Vno
Change of heart
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 11:58 PM, thinwing said:

Bill,could you go into a little detail of who you are,where you work,experience with Mooneys etc

Bill Richards located in Memphis Tn

i am a electronics guy by training who got into Avionics 30 years ago with Bendix/King

i am employed full time for a major Cargo airline working in the Bench Level repair of Avionics and Heavy Mx area involving Avionics

i have my own Part 145 Repair Station and I am well versed in modern day Avionics

i truly enjoy and love  Avionics and Aviation and Helping owners enjoy their airplane from the technical aspect at which modern avionics can provide 

my experience in Mooney’s is having installed several different pieces of Avionics equipment and it’s a tight airplane to work in

And their owners are very passionate and proud of their Airframe 

• Like 5