Seat Belt Support

Old Chub

The item nomenclature is Sheath, Seat Belt, Black.   P/N 500812-35 for the one 10.75" long and 500812-25 for the sheath that is 10.25 inches long.   

I used the -35 and did not find them to be too long.   They could always be shortened to accommodate a different seat profile.

Or - you could use the Alpha Aviation push button ones.  I used to have the flip tops like these and every once in a while the J-bar would clip the Pilot or Co-Pilot latch. 

Now - nothing.  See https://alphaaviation.com/mooney-m20-a-thru-k-push-button-release/.  Cost me $400+ a side for the two front seats.  Worth the investment (for me anyway).

Looks like a guy could buy some kydex, soften it and form those around a piece of thin plywood fairly easily. 

Might have to give that a shot. I’m tired of trying to dig my seatbelt out from between my trim wheel and fire extinguisher

On 9/11/2019 at 2:01 PM, Old Chub said:

I installed these in all four positions on my two front seats.   Helps keep the belts and buckles out of the J bar when no one is the the passengers seat.   We use these in the helicopters to keep the belts out of the collective controls.

M20C Seat Belt.jpg

Would of loved to have had these the last 16 years....