I'm looking at a 1998 M20R vs M20R OVATION3

CoinDealer

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

Gents and Lady,

You have encountered NYC...

The responses aren’t meant as confrontational, as much as they appear to be...

When you come from NYC, and join a world wide group... it takes effort to tone things down appropriately.  Essentially, like Change who you are, so people will understand you better...

Next you will see our new friend send me some outrageous response as if I have insulted his family....

Two things can follow...

1) Things get calmer...

2) The slinger of ire just fades away...

Keeping in mind the purpose of MS... exchanging ideas to improve speed, efficiency, and safety... for all of us... including our new friend Dan... unless he shows another Piper pic....  :)

It has never been, my Mooney is faster than yours... or better, or bigger, or even more expensive...

Stay true to yourselves, try to help the NYCer get to his next level... :)

Keep in mind there are Many NYCers on MS...  many of them have moved pretty far from NYC over time... some are still there... but their Mooney takes them out of there often...

Best regards,

-a-

I see in your case it took you all the way across either the Gothells, GWB, Holland or Lincoln. :)  I almost moved to my girl friends home 10 yrs ago in Wayne except that town is just a speck on the map. It does have N07 and CDW with in 10 miles. That's a good thing but in my case I just love the hustle and bustle of NY although I must admit traffic in NYC and any major city can get to one as you are aware of in NJ. My uncle lives 8 miles from 3N6, which when they retired and moved to Monroe Twnshp 20 yrs ago it was rural farm land. It is now anything but and just going to pick me up can take 3 times as long as it did just 15 yrs ago. 

3 hours ago, thinwing said:

Dang...we ran him off just when he was about to tell us about how he doesn’t need scuba tanks when he goes underwater fishing

Oh one more thing Thin. Let me see if you can grasp this one. When you put up a file photo of I think you and a woman in front of a plane, it would be smarter to take a close shot that is clear instead of one that was taken a mile away and digitally brought closer so it is impossible to make out whom the photo is or who is with them. If you're going to be that type that has nothing intelligent to say, try and keep your fingers off the keyboard sire.

16 hours ago, Amelia said:

Dan, I hope you’ll venture across those bridges into the wilds of NJ and meet Anthony. He is a totally great guy, with a wealth of Mooney knowledge. Your life will be enriched simply by shaking the man’s hand. I believe the proper term is “mensch.” Most of the barbs you’ll find here and on other forums are just for fun, not meant as personal attacks.  Of course, my visits to NYC, while interesting and entertaining, have been notable for the cultural differences. The one time all hostility and rudeness seemed to vanish was the week we spent deployed with the South Carolina State Guard in November, 2001, to St. Paul’s Chapel. We served hot meals 24/7 to workers at Ground Zero, and NYC was transformed into a place of welcome and decency.. The whole city. No vulgarity other than the still-smoking pit behind us. Just gratitude and welcome. I’ve been back since. It didn’t last, but that image of a people shocked into a common humanity is the one I hold onto.

Edited by Amelia
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Don, I hope you’ll venture across those bridges into the wilds of NJ and meet Anthony. He is a totally great guy, with a wealth of Mooney knowledge. Your life will be enriched simply by shaking the man’s hand. I believe the proper term is “mensch.” Most of the barbs you’ll find here and on other forums are just for fun, not meant as personal attacks.  Of course, my visits to NYC, while interesting and entertaining, have been notable for the cultural differences. The one time all hostility and rudeness seemed to vanish was the week we spent deployed with the South Carolina State Guard in November, 2001, to St. Paul’s Chapel. We served hot meals 24/7 to workers at Ground Zero, and NYC was transformed into a place of welcome and decency.. The whole city. No vulgarity other than the still-smoking pit behind us. Just gratitude and welcome. I’ve been back since. It didn’t last, but that image of a people shocked into a common humanity is the one I hold onto.

You mentioned the smoking pit. As a member of both the NYC and Nassau County Police reserves, I had access to the site. I was there and took these photos 2 days later. How it lingers in my consciousness to this day when someone mentions it. My sister lives 1/2 mile from Broadway and has been a regular at every show there for over 55 years. She see on average 2 shows a month with her friends. She lives one block from the Flat Iron Building. NYC is a place that is alive 100% of the time. There is always a place to go and see from the Bowery to Soho to 14th street  and all the way up town. We have a diversity of cultures like no other city in the world. It has been written that you can eat in a different place for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day of the week for years with out ever going back to the same venue. There is a reason I've lived here my whole life of almost 70 years. Because there is no other place on the planet that to me comes close. I guess you might say I'm prejudice which I am.

As for meeting people I'm always for it. All they have to do is send an invitation and after speaking on the phone and finding common grounds I make my mind up.

D

P9240005.JPG

P9240006.JPG

P9240010.JPG

5 hours ago, CoinDealer said:

Oh one more thing Thin. Let me see if you can grasp this one. When you put up a file photo of I think you and a woman in front of a plane, it would be smarter to take a close shot that is clear instead of one that was taken a mile away and digitally brought closer so it is impossible to make out whom the photo is or who is with them. If you're going to be that type that has nothing intelligent to say, try and keep your fingers off the keyboard sire.

Oh good!Im glad your back and comments made to you expressing their doubt about your oxygen uptake at alitude etc didn’t result in you leaving us permanently.My comment about the scuba less diving was ment as a joke regarding your rare physiology..not ment to be nasty .I will try to find a better picture for my avitar,Thankyou for your constructive criticism.Were you also a world famous photographer in another life??Could you give me some tips?

On 9/22/2019 at 2:04 PM, Bob_Belville said:

@CoinDealer... That's strikes me as amusing.

I'm 76, based an NC with a '66 E model - 200 hp short body. (Way too old a plane for your tastes.) 

I use O2 fairly often and I learned (a little about) mountain flying this summer.

I left KOSH with a grandson and visited a great deal of the Western US in a semicircle from the Dakotas over the Rockies to WA and down to the Grand Canyon.

Everything west of the Mississippi was done VFR but we were often above 10k'.

When you get to be my age I suppose you too will want to use O2 if you're going to be at 7-8000' for several hours.   

IMG_20190324_104603672.jpg

Bob I just reread what I wrote you a few days ago. I think you need to use even more oxygen than you are using because anyone that could misconstrue and read this and reply such as you did about my putting you down with your headsets really needs to wake up. You haven't a clue. I wrote 

Bob, I just noticed your head sets. I flew with the DC 13.4 until a year ago when I purchased a pair of Lightspeed Zulu 3 Pilot Headset. If you really want to treat your self and your wife to something special, pick up a couple pairs. The difference is night and day. I have hearing problems as did my siblings and parents. My hearing aids are by Oticon and costs $6000 for a pair. The new headsets are a god's send try a pair or two from Sporty's You can return them if you like but my bet is you'll be happy your bought them.

Don't bother replying. I've already removed the book mark and won't reply to anymore responses. I'm done. 

On 9/22/2019 at 3:17 PM, Bob_Belville said:

CD, thanks, they'll bury me with my DCs. Love the headsets and the great Worcester MA company that builds and supports them. (The 2 pair in the back seat are over 40 years old... good as new.

My hearing aides only cost $4000 but the difference is probably the break we get for living west of the Hudson which to New Yorkers is only semi civilized.  

We don't put our seniors in high risers. I suppose all those oxygen tanks was caused by breathing taxicab/bus exhaust... (I used to stay at the Elysee Hotel on E 54th St. every week. Y'all live in a different world. I 'm sure you're happy de Blazio is coming home to his day job.) 

<vbg>. 

You know what is really funny about saying the 2 in the back are as good as new? You wanted to update your airplane so you put in Aspen and G750 but the one thing you need to protect, your hearing you disregard. ANR protects your hearing. Talk about exhaustion on flights is one thing. You'll be a 100% more relaxed without the drowning of the engines on those 5 hour flights. I'm really sorry so many people had to put me down starting with the IFR and ending with the O2 and my lung capacity.

For all you people that have trouble breathing, get like i did 20 years ago a Concept 2 Rowing machine and get on it every other day. I keep it right by my bed. It's only $900 delivered and it's considered the single best piece of exercise that you can use. I use it 4 days a week. I'm also in a gym 5 days a week doing mostly cardio. For Bob Breville who responded to a long email with SO What!!!  If you and your wife were to take care of your bodies like you take care of your airplane, you wouldn't need O2 at the lower levels as you do. NEITHER OF YOU EXERCISE AND IT'S OBVIOUS. If you did you wouldn't have these problems.

My parents have both past away but in this picture my mom was 90 and my dad was 94 at the time. My family has been taking mega doses of vitamins our whole lives. My mom started me on them in 1954. I still take them today. 

i LEAVE YOU ALL WITH ONE SIMPLE CAVEAT.  I joined your forum to learn about 2 airplanes and perhaps a little bit more. I did not join it to get bashed by so many people that don't know a thing about me and have condemned me for telling the truth. 

D

Rower.jpg

Mitherfither.jpg

What a crock. Get off your high horse and realize ONE possibility why you were so beat after the recent “long” flight is the lack of O2 in your system. It was only a suggestion to use as another tool in your work belt. Oh wait let me guess, you’re related to Bob Vila and the only thing you need to fix anything is duct tape and wd40. Did you know wd40 on the leading edge works better than a tks system?  See you learn something new every day. 

2 hours ago, CoinDealer said:

NEITHER OF YOU EXERCISE AND IT'S OBVIOUS. If you did you wouldn't have these problems.

@Bob_Belville is one of the nicest guys here and tried to be helpful to you. I’m sure it never crossed your spirochete-infested mind that someone could actually understand aviation physiology and practice good aviation decision making by using oxygen in the appropriate setting. I’m sure a noise cancelling headset is much more effective like you said so next time I see a severely hypoxic patient I’ll make sure to tell the nurse “No! Don’t give oxygen. He’s really sick. Give him the Bose A20 instead. A hospital volunteer promised it would be 100% better and he really seems to know what he’s talking about. You and I just have decades of schooling and direct patient care experience so we should clearly defer to those more knowledgeable than we are.”

I said I would refrain from further comment, but this really crosses the line. You’ve clearly identified yourself as a hypocrite who’s out of touch with reality and lonely for attention. Calling people “nasty” for disagreeing with you then hurling insults at those trying to help you.

You said you were going away multiple times and I really wish you would. We already have enough demented narcissistic 70 year olds in the world who pathologically crave attention, make up ridiculous stories to support their preposterous claims and would rather hurl insults at people relentlessly than admit a mistake. We don’t need one more. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Coin...the thing is ,you come on the forum for the first time asking advice on a future (maybe) Mooney Ovation purchase because you now feel the 180 hp Dakotas you now fly are too slow.Fine...you were given good basic advice because believe it or not ,their are quite a few people here with multiple thousand hour long body and other experience.You than proceed to lecture everyone ,how you are immune to anoxia because you at age 70 have never perceived any ill effects.You Also point out ,what great shape you are,how much you exercise,how you never fly in clouds but feel a need for TKS antiice cause you think airframe icing can appear in clear air.You state you have a concealed carry permit in 45 cal (in one of the most restrictive handgun cities in the US)due to the fact you had some prior peace officer affiliation.You state you had access to immediate post 911 twin towers disaster site due to your “reserve  officer”status.You  go on to explain you no longer “carry”due to the fact your no longer certified for “carry”.You inform the Belvilles that they need oxygen because (judging from photos they nicely posted for you)because they are out of shape and don’t exercise like you do.Wow....where to begin...if you ever bother to read what you write,listen to the way you talk...are  you really surprised that people react the way they do?Im not just talking about an online forum,I’m betting ,in person too.I mean your picture doesn’t show any obvious damage to you face if you spoke to someone in person like you write.Cornfields thinks you are afflicted with tertiary syphilus,which by the way could explain a lot...but I doubt ,even in NYC ,you could find someone willing to sleep with you.Regardless,you invite multiple posting of the criticisms you been reading about your self.So can you grasp this??You act and sound like a curmudgeonly bull shitter.Maybe a little apology to the Belvilles,Cornfields,Don Kaye etc who have honesty tried to educate you till you threw it up in their face.Me ,I don’t need one,I’m rapidly approaching 70 myself,have no grey hairs,live with a harem of 5 or 6 20 year olds( kidding) took first place in our yearly Sherriff Squadron shootout(almost) ,have 5000 hrs in multi,instr,Heli,glider,seaplane,mostly accident free flying in the mountainous west, ( (well if you don’t count one water loop in a Seabee,one totaled Baron and a damaged tail wheel on a Maule)play finger style guitar and mandolin,(at least as well as I did in high school)Still working to eliminate purple sea urchins in Monterey bay (well I wrote a Master thesus at Moss landing that nobody read)Almost discovered Steve Fawcett sept 2007 crash site (only off by 100nm)am extremely attractive to women (Well my X s still like me)... well I could go on and on swapping “how great I am” with you ,but that would take too long Coin...so 73 s

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, thinwing said:

Coin...the thing is ,you come on the forum for the first time asking advice on a future (maybe) Mooney Ovation purchase because you now feel the 180 hp Dakotas you now fly are too slow.Fine...you were given good basic advice because believe it or not ,their are quite a few people here with multiple thousand hour long body and other experience.You than proceed to lecture everyone ,how you are immune to anoxia because you at age 70 have never perceived any ill effects.You Also point out ,what great shape you are,how much you exercise,how you never fly in clouds but feel a need for TKS antiice cause you think airframe icing can appear in clear air.You state you have a concealed carry permit in 45 cal (in one of the most restrictive handgun cities in the US)due to the fact you had some prior peace officer affiliation.You state you had access to immediate post 911 twin towers disaster site due to your “reserve  officer”status.You  go on to explain you no longer “carry”due to the fact your no longer certified for “carry”.You inform the Belvilles that they need oxygen because (judging from photos they nicely posted for you)because they are out of shape and don’t exercise like you do.Wow....where to begin...if you ever bother to read what you write,listen to the way you talk...are  you really surprised that people react the way they do?Im not just talking about an online forum,I’m betting ,in person too.I mean your picture doesn’t show any obvious damage to you face if you spoke to someone in person like you write.Cornfields thinks you are afflicted with tertiary syphilus,which by the way could explain a lot...but I doubt ,even in NYC ,you could find someone willing to sleep with you.Regardless,you invite multiple posting of the criticisms you been reading about your self.So can you grasp this??You act and sound like a curmudgeonly bull shitter.Maybe a little apology to the Belvilles,Cornfields,Don Kaye etc who have honesty tried to educate you till you threw it up in their face.Me ,I don’t need one,I’m rapidly approaching 70 myself,have no grey hairs,live with a harem of 5 or 6 20 year olds( kidding) took first place in our yearly Sherriff Squadron shootout(almost) ,have 5000 hrs in multi,instr,Heli,glider,seaplane,mostly accident free flying in the mountainous west, ( (well if you don’t count one water loop in a Seabee,one totaled Baron and a damaged tail wheel on a Maule)play finger style guitar and mandolin,(at least as well as I did in high school)Still working to eliminate purple sea urchins in Monterey bay (well I wrote a Master thesus at Moss landing that nobody read)Almost discovered Steve Fawcett sept 2007 crash site (only off by 100nm)am extremely attractive to women (Well my X s still like me)... well I could go on and on swapping “how great I am” with you ,but that would take too long Coin...so 73 s

Not to mention really cool tail art

• Haha 1

I bet Dan is the most popular pilot at the airport, the most sought-after guest at every dinner party, and a real.credit to his community, so generous is he with wise counsel and kind thoughts.

We Southerners have a sentiment that fits:” Bless his heart.” 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My FBI profile assessment. The guys been “employed” by his parents his entire life. Growing up privileged he has been able to hob knob with the affluent and has developed a knowledge of the buzz words and the ability to name drop. Too scared or unable to leave the security of the family job in the big apple he spins it as the rest of us are ignorant not knowing that New York is the center of the universe. Desperately trying to be relevant from his lack of personal accomplishment he has been involved in various volunteer work and has been educated through osmosis as a result. He has a concealed carry permit because he worked for his dad which was the real coin dealer and a business that has a high risk for robbery. The parents recently passed away so the win fall of money has come in so he’s moved into their flat in the high rise building and now Costco hearing aids and renting Piper Archers are sub par and no longer for him. He speaks like every trust fund kid I grew up with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1