Mooney search...

Serge

Hey mooniacs! I am a new low time pilot (125hrs) looking at buying my first plane. I have only ever flown a 172 highwing and am in love with the specs of the mooneys. But before i decide i was curious to fly in one to see if i would really like it or is it just curb appeal! Any mooniacs in quebec canada area (im in bromont) willing to take me up for an easy relaxed short local flight to get a feel for these machines?! Thanks in advance.

Welcome aboard Serge.

No flight required...  the M20C far exceeds any C172 experience you have.

100 hours is plenty to get you to the next level...

Go Mooney!

We have a few MSers in your area and an MSC not too far away... want to travel a bit to go see a Mooney up close?

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Serge said:

Thanks! Looking to meet mooneys in quebec to get a feel for the plane through local flyers!! Hope to meet you guys soon.

Many of us here earned our wings in 172s, then bought Mooneys. I bought my M20-C with 62 hours . . . For flight planning vs. 172, subtract 30% of the Cessna flight time and subtract 10% of the fuel burn. There's nothing like going faster with reduced expense! 

Good luck, happy hunting and don't forget the value of a good Pre-Purchase Inspection. 

• Like 2

Serge, I moved from a rental 172 to an M20E I bought earlier this year with the same total time as you. The transition has been reasonably smooth. I strongly recommend transition training with a Mooney CFI. Happy to give you a ride if you’re ever in the Boston area.

Edited by lienz
  • Like 4

@Serge  Nice to hear from you.  We have flown to Bromont a number of times.  I bought my Mooney 15 years ago with about 160 hours total time as well.

@yvesg lives in Gatineau and flies a C model.  I live in Ottawa - près de la frontière.- avec un modèle E.  My interior and paint are not as nice as Yves.

There is one more Mooniac in Quebec that we know.  @drapo is in, or near, St-Eustache and he flies an E model as well.  He is closest to you but his aircraft may be undergoing some maintenance.

Bromont is only about about 50 minutes away for me, but availability for me is a factor.  I travel quite a bit and I will be away this weekend to next Thursday.  After that, I should be good.  You can e-mail me at nedgravel at motiva-training.com.  

This OK?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ned Gravel said:

@Serge  Nice to hear from you.  We have flown to Bromont a number of times.  I bought my Mooney 15 years ago with about 160 hours total time as well.

@yvesg lives in Gatineau and flies a C model.  I live in Ottawa - près de la frontière.- avec un modèle E.  My interior and paint are not as nice as Yves.

There is one more Mooniac in Quebec that we know.  @drapo is in, or near, St-Eustache and he flies an E model as well.  He is closest to you but his aircraft may be undergoing some maintenance.

Bromont is only about about 50 minutes away for me, but availability for me is a factor.  I travel quite a bit and I will be away this weekend to next Thursday.  After that, I should be good.  You can e-mail me at nedgravel at motiva-training.com.  

This OK?

Salut Serge. Je suis basé à Gatineau et pourrais te faire essayer ça ici ou à partir de Lachute. Juste à me contacter en privé.

Yves

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ned Gravel said:

This OK?

Thanks Ned. I got in contact with someone in quebec with an E and i think he is willing to allow me to fly with him. If it doesnt work out i will write you. Thanks.

On 9/10/2019 at 3:23 PM, Ned Gravel said:

This OK?

Who would be the closest mooney cfi to get my 10-15 hrs to make the insurance companies happy...and me safer! Lol

Some CFIIs have been temporarily imported from places like TX and FL, or CA...

Act quickly before the temps work against your plan.

Often, many things get done over a short period of time...

• find plane
  • ppi
  • buy plane
  • bind insurance
  • transition train
  • delivery flight
  • Ship TTer Back home

A lot of the details depend on where you find the plane...

Best regards,

-a-

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Ned Gravel said:

@Serge

My wife and I plan on being at Bromont airport tomorrow afternoon, perhaps for a little lunch at the restaurant.  Let me know if you are still interested in flying a Mooney E model.

Wow. I am working til noon but could meet you there after a quick shower and talk a little. Its my spouses bday tomorrow but i think she will forgive me if i take a little time to go meet you! Lol. 

4 hours ago, Serge said:

Wow. I am working til noon but could meet you there after a quick shower and talk a little. Its my spouses bday tomorrow but i think she will forgive me if i take a little time to go meet you! Lol. 

@Serge

Flight planned for a 14:00 departure and 57 minutes of flying.  We will be in Bromont between 3:00 pm and 3:15 pm.

• Like 1

Thanks again Ned for the mooney experience! Would have loved to be able to buy you lunch! Maybe next time around! You have made a believer out of me. Love the low wing experience. Flys alot heavier than a skyhawk but feels right! It is true what they say about the mooney zoom!! Lol

• Like 3