Star Spangled Banner Surprise

donkaye

We flew down to San Diego for my, umm ___ High School Reunion (who were those old people?)  Athough I grew up on Point Loma, just a few minutes over the hill to Ocean Beach, rather than stay at a ho hum hotel with no view, we decided to stay at the Hilton on Harbor Island.  I ask for high up and the San Diego Bay view.  I opened the patio door early yesterday morning (and this morning) and to our surprise at 8:00 am we were greeted with the sound of Reveille followed immediately by the Star Spangled Banner.  It came from North Island NAS directly across the Bay (see the Teddy Roosevelt in the first picture).  It was enough to give you goose bumps.  Shortly we'll head to Lindberg to fly to Santa Maria for the great Sunday Brunch at the Raddison, and then on back to San Jose.  Nothing like having an airplane!

_u7z_ZeV.jpeg

IMG_20190908_083634315.jpg

• Like 11

I’ve  done work on North Island and arrived before 8:00. I was working in the metrology shop. When it plays everyone stops working and faces the flag. Those in uniform salute the flag and the rest put their hands on their heart. It’s wonderful!

Edited by N201MKTurbo
  • Like 1