Bail Money in Zurich?

mooneygirl

The guy at Customs in Zurich wasn't too happy when my friend snapped a photo of me getting a stamp in my passport. At least I would have been reppin' for the Mooney Caravan in the clink. Might get to do some Mooney flying here. You never know!

IMG_3860.thumb.jpg.2757b7c9c5d77ab0b0503913e17ef654.jpgIMG_3871.thumb.jpg.b48e33b2b0c83253371dfc96a4b2bdb2.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Note to @mooneygirl in Europe they take security FAR FAR more seriously than in the US, so general rule, dont take photos in Customs and airport areas.  In the UK train stations as well.  

British customs agent Simon to agent Edgar; “Good lord man, more stupid Americans snapping photos in customs”

Edgar; “I'll set them right, Hey you Americans, step aside I have some questions for you and put away that camera. That is a major security violation!”

Hours later after being scorned our Americans are strolling on Piccadilly...

American tourist Ken, “ Gee, there sure are a lot of cameras on the street.”

Tourist Barbie, “Yeah, I read there were 500,000 cameras in London alone.”

Ken, “That's a lot of cameras. What on earth do they need all these cameras for?”

Barbie, “They're for security.”

Ken, “Oh, OK. Hey look, you have a loose thread hanging from your jacket, let me get that real quick with my pocket knife.”

Edited by Tony Starke
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

Having said that we have had terrorism since before the USA was conceived, so tend to be quite used to it and how to handle it.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but at one point, all of the americas were labeled a terrorist territory by the British... some time around 1775... so much so that the King sent in an army to weed out the terrorists.  

That one didn’t turn out so well for his Majesty.  

I wonder what a British designed mooney would have looked like ;)

Edited by M016576

29 minutes ago, M016576 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but at one point, all of the americas were labeled a terrorist territory by the British... some time around 1775... so much so that the King sent in an army to weed out the terrorists.  

That one didn’t turn out so well for his Majesty.  

I wonder what a British designed mooney would have looked like ;)

That is not exactly right since that was not the language used then/ no one called anyone terrorists for anything then. But in principle, semantics aside, your comment is right on.

Edited by aviatoreb
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

Incorrect, you were never labelled terrorists then you were labelled "Insurrectionists" which was different.  

As for a British designed Mooney, well we have the Spitfire, Comet, Trident etc, so probably really really pretty.  But then for you guys to invent anything would be a first, lol.

1) semantics! Hah!  (But I’ll take that- while I’m sure there were a few “insurrectionists” participating in terrorist actions, I’m willing to bet that most were not).

2) What about powered airplanes... and the internet?  I’m fairly certain those were two American inventions. ;) 

Disappointed you didn't let me know you were in Zurich as if I'd known I would have jumped on the tram up to meet you! (and could have given you the Zurich City tour)
However, don't get too upset about the customs officers - last time I went through a US customs and immigration at a scheduled airport, there were lots of signs about no guns , cameras , phones etc, and as a non-native I wouldn't have dared to even produce a camera, let alone use it, and even worse to take a picture of an official! Enjoy your stay - are you coming to Speyer in two weeks?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Awful_Charlie said:

Disappointed you didn't let me know you were in Zurich as if I'd known I would have jumped on the tram up to meet you! (and could have given you the Zurich City tour)
However, don't get too upset about the customs officers - last time I went through a US customs and immigration at a scheduled airport, there were lots of signs about no guns , cameras , phones etc, and as a non-native I wouldn't have dared to even produce a camera, let alone use it, and even worse to take a picture of an official! Enjoy your stay - are you coming to Speyer in two weeks?

I will be back on Monday after Mt. Rigi, and then back again on the 15th. On the 16th Urs Wildermuth is giving us a tour. So fun. Going to see some Mooney pilots in Provence on Thursday!  Small world huh?

On 9/7/2019 at 12:26 PM, RogueOne said:

Who invented F1 and bier?  Those two are going to be explored at Monza tomorrow. 

Europe and their people are beautiful. Should have come sooner...

Thoroughly enjoying ourselves thus far!

48093DE4-408A-4AEF-83C7-D781B8961E5D.jpeg

Good for you, Scott!  Looks like a great vacation!