This can't be legal, can it?

6 hours ago, cliffy said:

My mention of the "right side panel" was not enough to clearly portray what I was thinking about. I was referring to the missing right side wall interior panel next to the copilot position legs not the instrument panel. It seems this picture was taken in the hangar at the end of the installation with part of the interior missing. Neither comment was intended to be derogatory to the installation. They were just observations of what was contained in the picture.  

Given there's no glareshield either and that the plane is facing the tail of another aircraft in a big hangar, I'm guessing this was before the "install" was completed....

• 3 weeks later...

What if an ESI -500 was installed with this ... are those primary for Altitude, Airspeed, VSI.

Yes the obvious answer is to put three instruments back in the panel.Weird thing is they kept the TC (which would have been part of the STC limitations for G5), but ignored everything else.

Hey at least it shows that an OEM trim switch will (presumably if installed) work with the GFC 500.

On 9/8/2019 at 1:42 PM, jaylw314 said:

Given there's no glareshield either and that the plane is facing the tail of another aircraft in a big hangar, I'm guessing this was before the "install" was completed....

It's complete.  I have a picture of it flying with that setup.  Literally in flight.  But the tail number is visible so I didn't post it

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, bradp said:

That is literally the cleanest panel I’ve seen.  For the wrong reasons though. 

Since the G3x can be everything, including primary engine monitor, I keep imagining a panel with just that, nothing else.   Just this single, lonely, flat spot in the middle of a panel.  ;)