New Mooney owner

spistora

New owner, not new Mooney.  1979 M20K

After a year or so of looking for a Mooney (and lurking here) I finally made a purchase.  This is my first aircraft and I am very happy that I worked with Jimmy at All American Aircraft. I made it through my transition training late last week and flew it home Monday.  I couldn't be happier with how it performed.  I don't have any great pictures yet so I'm stealing the one from the Controller ad.  Looking forward to getting proficient flying it and then working on an IFR rating. I really appreciate all of the helpful discussion on this forum.  It definitely helped me to make a well informed purchase.

231AF.jpeg

• Like 6

Thanks.

No hangar of my own yet.  I'm on the list at Salina and Mcpherson.  In addition I've check Abilene, Ellsworth, Lyons, Moundridge, Hutchinson and Newton with no luck.  Unfortunately, I'm paying AvFlight right now for hangar space.

We'll have to get Schartz to go too if you haven't already.

On 9/5/2019 at 6:50 PM, Dreamlifter said:

Tell us more about your "K" model. Which engine, avionics?  Pictures please!!

Inquiring minds :)

It's just under 2K TT. In 2015 it got an LB engine, 3 blade prop and updated interior.  Still has a lot of original avionics but the new stuff includes GTN650, KT74, GMA340, JPI800 and AERA560. The only thing I wanted that it doesn't have is an intercooler. I still haven't taken any of my own picture so these were from the ad.  I'll eventually get it cleaned up and get some better pics.

231 panel.jpeg

231 seats.jpeg

231 front.jpeg

• Like 3

Jimmy was very helpful.

Kestrel was definitely an experience but I wasn't to the point where I was comfortable landing there. My home airport runway is 12,300 x 150, so it's a little more forgiving.  Maybe I'll make it back there sometime and give it a try,