New avionics ordered and I blame a few of you (lol)

kris_adams

New panel being cut and going with a G3x, 750, remote audio, remote 345, G5, GFC500 (3 servo), guardian ipad mount (right side if we can work it out), panel USB chargers (I know a $20 amazon adapter is cheaper but at this point...)

Thinking of the AOA gauge that was at Mooney Summit last year but can't find the info on it--Oh and maybe something else if I can figure out how to get it approved.

Accepting donations to pay remainder of the balance especially from those of you that are responsible for this like @Marauder and @Bob_Belville:)

Always open to any gotchas or recommendations from those of you who have done these upgrades!

Kris

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Congrats. Should be well worth the investment. I have an iPad doc right side that sits horizontally. Honestly don’t like it. I’d encourage you to find a way to mount it vertically or omit the dock all together and just build in a knuckle and ram mount instead. All your approach plates are vertical and it makes no sense to me having the iPad sideways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MBDiagMan said:

I like the iPad sideways so I can view maps and synthetic vision side by side when necessary, but that’s simply my personal preference.

That's more what I was thinking on the right side.  Also give my copilot something interesting to watch.

Having done basically the same with exception of I-pad mount, Shop promised next week????

As for the blame game, for me all blame and credit goes to Don Kay's panel fotos.

The bad news is , divorce attorneys don't take credit cards.......

As for the I pad mount, if you attach Sporty"s yoke mount upside down, you can squeeze the I-Pad Pro nicely in the yoke. ( Initial clamp mounts from under, not on top)

Convenient, sets low and no visual interference with avionics.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DAVIDWH said:

Having done basically the same with exception of I-pad mount, Shop promised next week????

As for the blame game, for me all blame and credit goes to Don Kay's panel fotos.

The bad news is , divorce attorneys don't take credit cards.......

As for the I pad mount, if you attach Sporty"s yoke mount upside down, you can squeeze the I-Pad Pro nicely in the yoke. ( Initial clamp mounts from under, not on top)

Convenient, sets low and no visual interference with avionics.

yes @donkaye and a few other have some blame!! lol

Thanks for the tip on the Ipad Pro...you talking about the 9.7 or the 11?  I have a first gen 12.9" pro that I love as well.

9 hours ago, Kris_Adams said:

That's more what I was thinking on the right side.  Also give my copilot something interesting to watch.

We're flying out to Sedona in 5 weeks and Im sure my wife will download some netflix onto the ipad on that side.  Will definitely watch better horizontally for her. 

• Like 1