Airspeed Switch

Mike A

My airspeed switch in my K has decided to quit working.  Found another on Ebay from a J and bought it, however, I am being told that the activiation speed is only 40 mph and my mechanic won't release it like that.  He said they tried to adjust the set point with no luck.  Now our options are either to try and have it overhauled or buy a new one from Mooney for $1k+.  Any thoughts or ideas would be most appreciated.

It’s gone down in price, I had to buy one two years ago for $1,300. I talked to the company that rebuilds them. If it’s over a certain age they won’t rebuild them. I want to say it was three years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/4/2019 at 11:42 PM, xcrmckenna said:

It’s gone down in price, I had to buy one two years ago for $1,300. I talked to the company that rebuilds them. If it’s over a certain age they won’t rebuild them. I want to say it was three years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was 10 years on the rebuild limit. 

• Like 1