Sensorcon CO Detector Labor Day $30 Discount

Rick Junkin

I just received this sale offer from Sensorcon.  It's a flat $30 discount but only valid this weekend. If you choose the Basic model it saves you a few bucks over the 20% discount that @DanM20C was able to get for us. www.Sensorcon.com, Promo Code LABORDAY2019.

Cheers,
Rick

Take advantage of these great offers from Sensorcon! 

Use Promo Code LABORDAY2019 at checkout for $30 off! 

Offer Valid Friday 8/30 - Monday 9/2

Max quantity of 4 items per product type per order*

Sensorcon Carbon Monoxide Basic Inspector

INS-CO-01

$129.00

Sensorcon Carbon Monoxide Industrial 

INS-CO-02

$149.00

Sensorcon Carbon Monoxide Industrial PRO

INS-CO-03

$169.00

• Like 5

Does anyone remember.  How long do these thing work before they time out and you need to replace them for accurate readings?  I have one and I was just now trying to remember how long it is worthwhile that I can rely on it.

Also, there are several models - question - why would a person choose one over the other?  What does the most expensive model do better that the cheapest one does not?

1 hour ago, aviatoreb said:

Does anyone remember.  How long do these thing work before they time out and you need to replace them for accurate readings?  I have one and I was just now trying to remember how long it is worthwhile that I can rely on it.

Also, there are several models - question - why would a person choose one over the other?  What does the most expensive model do better that the cheapest one does not?

They should be calibrated every two years, lest they drift. The Mooney Summit has a set of calibration equipment.

For model comparison, I'm about to look at lazy @mike_elliott's list, since mine disappeared during this year's stupid extended annual and hangar move . . . I used to have the cheqp one. Thanks, Mike! You're less lazy than many.

• Like 2

The inspector and industrial are the ones to look at for in the cockpit use.  The industrial pro has added features that we don't really need.  The Industrial includes the vibratory alarm and the inspector doesn't.  This is handy if you plan to wear it from airplane to airplane.  If you are looking to Velcro to the panel someplace the inspector should be perfect.

Sensorcon recommends calibration every 6 months to guaranty accuracy.  Without calibration the accuracy could wander but by very little.  If the actual ppm is 50 and we see 40 or 60 is no mater for us. If no calibration is done after 2 years you will either get an EOL warning at start up or Calibration Required warning.  They will continue to work.  Just last week I ferried a friends airplane and his gave the cal req at start up.  During start up/taxi out it showed between 8-10ppm and mirrored the one I brought with me that I had just calibrated. 

I have calibration equipment as well as the Mooney Summit.  If anyone not attending the Summit would like to send me theirs I can calibrate and send back.  I would appreciate a small donation as I calculated each calibration costs me about $5 in test gas. 

Sensorcon gave me a new discount code to share that I don't have it handy right now.  But as @Junkman shared above this labor day sale is a little better.  I'll post the updated code next week.

Cheers,

Dan

• Like 4

I ordered a new one as mine is giving me the “calibration required “ message on start up. Dan calibrated it at OSH last year but I missed him this year while busy helping out at the Mooneyspace pizza gathering. When I looked up the $45 fee and factored in the hassle to ship it to them I decided to get a new one and get the old one calibrated later and give it to a friend 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amillet said:

I ordered a new one as mine is giving me the “calibration required “ message on start up. Dan calibrated it at OSH last year but I missed him this year while busy helping out at the Mooneyspace pizza gathering. When I looked up the $45 fee and factored in the hassle to ship it to them I decided to get a new one and get the old one calibrated later and give it to a friend 

Spend the 600+ it takes to fly down to the Summit next year and we will get your old one all fixed up for free :) You will get more than that back in education, food, networking let alone the great raffle ops and silent auction items. The memories of the trip alone will more than cover the 100LL bill.

2 hours ago, DanM20C said:

I have calibration equipment as well as the Mooney Summit.  If anyone not attending the Summit would like to send me theirs I can calibrate and send back.  I would appreciate a small donation as I calculated each calibration costs me about $5 in test gas.

The Summit's calibration equipment disappeared sometime between Summit V and Summit VI. I guess we should get another setup sometime soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DanM20C said:

I was just informed by a friend that the 20% discount saves you $1.80 over the labor day sale on the basic.  $5.80 savings on the industrial.  

The code is flysafe2019 

Cheers

Dan

Is that new math? :huh: Or did your friend find other charges in the ordering process that varied between the codes? Its always something... Let me get out my slide rule and check my calculations.... LOL

Cheers,
Rick

• Rick Junkin changed the title to Sensorcon CO Detector Labor Day $30 Discount
1 hour ago, Junkman said:

Is that new math? :huh: Or did your friend find other charges in the ordering process that varied between the codes? Its always something... Let me get out my slide rule and check my calculations.... LOL

Cheers,
Rick

Not new math, just confusing advertising.:mellow: The quoted prices you posted are AFTER the $30 sale.  

The prices have went up considerable since most of us purchased two years ago. 

Cheers

Dan

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2019 at 11:35 AM, mike_elliott said:

The Summit's calibration equipment disappeared sometime between Summit V and Summit VI. I guess we should get another setup sometime soon

I was hoping It turned up. 

I plan on bringing mine this year.

Cheers,

Dan

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, A64Pilot said:

Is there a new code?

flysafe2019 and aircraft2017 neither one works for me, but I am trying to buy the newer sensor

on edit, they don’t work for the old model either

Try Aircraft2021

If that doesn't work let me know. 

Cheers,

Dan