lost my name

EMB

Something weird happened.

So my computer decided to loose the autofill password.  And I had forgotten which password I used for Mooneyspace. So I put in the forgot password mail me a password.  But the email is not connected to my long standing avatar but this one - which I do not remember making.  Anyway I cannot find my old avatar and password combo as you see.

So who am I?!  I am Erik Bollt known in these parts as aviatoreb with the co-pilot bear avatar picture and I fly N314EB the blue pi-plane mooney with 4 blades.

E

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, carusoam said:

Aviotoreb seems to be logged in now... @aviatoreb

all working normal?

or still looking for assistance?

Best regards,

-a-

My phone seems to remain logged on properly but my computer seems to want to be emb and recovery help goes to my email address but for emb?!

1 hour ago, aviatoreb said:

My phone seems to remain logged on properly but my computer seems to want to be emb and recovery help goes to my email address but for emb?!

That’s a challenge...

Probably requires a change of password to get everything back on line again...

Start with the phone that is logged in properly, change its PW....

then log into the computer with the aviatoreb name and new password... (automatic PW generation with a strong pw) cut and paste and email to yourself...

Both will be working properly, with a new password...

This is a typical challenge to get used to for living with a memory challenge...   :)

It will be more normal when you are 110 years old.... :):):)

Best regards,

-a-

3 hours ago, carusoam said:

That’s a challenge...

Probably requires a change of password to get everything back on line again...

Start with the phone that is logged in properly, change its PW....

then log into the computer with the aviatoreb name and new password... (automatic PW generation with a strong pw) cut and paste and email to yourself...

Both will be working properly, with a new password...

This is a typical challenge to get used to for living with a memory challenge...   :)

It will be more normal when you are 110 years old.... :):):)

Best regards,

-a-

I did change the password before I started the thread but what came to my email is apparently related to emb avatar which is not this my long running aviatoreb.  Which I can use on my phone but currently not on my computer since I cannot use or reset my aviatoreb password.

20 hours ago, Shadrach said:

Go into account settings for each profile and make sure the email addresses are set as you wish. You might change EMB to another email account and also verify and or change aviatoreb to the address you prefer.

Ah- that fixed it once and for all.  THANKS!

Its me again!

E

• Like 3

Seems EMB  Joined November 8, 2010 and aviatoreb Joined March 14, 2011

I guess somehow you lost your cookie for aviatoreb on your desktop (browser upgrade? New/different browser? Cookie cleanup?) which forced a logon, and when you couldn't recall the password, the system created a new password and sent you a link for the first account it could find with that email address, which happened to be EMB. However, as your phone still had a valid cookie, that stayed logged on as aviatoreb

I suppose the board could only allow one user per e-mail address, but there are cases when that is a valid situation, but in the case where there is more than one user name associated with an e-mail address, it should probably ask which one you want reset when requesting a new password.

You might be able to delete your own EMB account, or you might have to drop Craig a note requesting deletion

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Awful_Charlie said:

Seems EMB  Joined November 8, 2010 and aviatoreb Joined March 14, 2011

I guess somehow you lost your cookie for aviatoreb on your desktop (browser upgrade? New/different browser? Cookie cleanup?) which forced a logon, and when you couldn't recall the password, the system created a new password and sent you a link for the first account it could find with that email address, which happened to be EMB. However, as your phone still had a valid cookie, that stayed logged on as aviatoreb

I suppose the board could only allow one user per e-mail address, but there are cases when that is a valid situation, but in the case where there is more than one user name associated with an e-mail address, it should probably ask which one you want reset when requesting a new password.

You might be able to delete your own EMB account, or you might have to drop Craig a note requesting deletion

I must have added EMB myself but forgot about it.  And clearly I added aviatoreb and I have been using it since March 2011.  I will see if I can delete EMB since it was only a nuisance.  Thanks! E