Garmin GNS480 support

A friend of mine with a GNS480 in his plane is having “loss of integrity” with it.  We installed mine in his plane to test the airframe side of the system, it works fine.

Garmin has stopped support of these unit in June of this year.  Does anyone know of any Avionics shop who have or will work on them?

Clarence 

A friend of mine with a GNS480 in his plane is having “loss of integrity” with it.  We installed mine in his plane to test the airframe side of the system, it works fine.
Garmin has stopped support of these unit in June of this year.  Does anyone know of any Avionics shop who have or will work on them?
Clarence 
You might try The Avionics Place in Rockford, il

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Lee Moore said:

Any Garmin authorized service center can work on the installation.  Garmin only ran out of components to repair the unit.  They still support it with databases, tech data, and can even help a dealer sort out installation issues. 

Thanks,

The installation was proven with another unit.  The unit itself requires repair which Garmin can't/won't do anymore.

Clarence

8 hours ago, M20Doc said:

Clarence 

Check the antenna connection on the back of the mounting bracket.  Mine comes loose every now and then due to vibration.. a quick wiggle and problem solved.

Clarence, since you've isolated the issue to the GNS480 itself, I believe you're out of luck. These units aren't field repairable, their service model is limited to returning them to garmin for repair, nobody but Garmin has the necessary documentation. 

But its probably worthwhile having a Garmin dealer make sure the problem unit is properly configured before giving up. But its not hard to verify the configuration of the problem unit and configure your other known good unit as a proper test.  

Edited by kortopates