Ammeter For 78 M20J

RB Pilot

Hi Everybody,

I need a new ammeter for my J. The good folks at LASAR informed me that factory Mooney prices it at $1800 !!!!

And even at that it’s out of stock. If anyone knows where I might find one, I’d be grateful. Used or salvage  is fine too

1 hour ago, RB Pilot said:

Hi Everybody,

I need a new ammeter for my J. The good folks at LASAR informed me that factory Mooney prices it at $1800 !!!!

And even at that it’s out of stock. If anyone knows where I might find one, I’d be grateful. Used or salvage  is fine too

For 1800 you can install a used EDM 800 with amps!

Notes for the JPI 800 suggestion...

Keep in mind when selecting new gauges....

1) Is the gauge a primary gauge?  (See the POH for what is and what isn’t)

2) Is the replacement a primary gauge as well?

I would probably need the more expensive JPI 900 for that...

Best regards,

-a-

On 8/26/2019 at 1:30 PM, RB Pilot said:

Hey,

thanks so much “old guy” I hate calling you that? I’m almost 59. I don’t have the right to call ANYBODY Old Guy.

thank you I’ll try him

In the tech world where my career has been for the past 45 years, "old guy" is one of the nicer things they call me! :P

1 hour ago, flyboy0681 said:

Same here, but at 59 they call me "The dinosaur".

Yeah, I've been called that as well. They also tagged me "The COBOL Programmer" until I showed them where BONY was looking for remote COBOL programmers at one point for ~$200/hour. Told them I could do that and make almost as much as I did as their CIO but with fewer headaches.