XM weather on ipad with GTX345

milotron

Hey,

I recently had a GTX345 installed for ADSB and bluetooth traffic out. I am in Canada so there is no ADSB weather.

I would like to get XM weather added, but don't want loose the traffic in as well. I don't believe that an ipad will take input from two bluetooth sources at once, but can't find confirmation on this.

It looks like the only option I have is get a GDL52 with ADSB and XM and not use the bluetooth traffic from the GTX. I also have a GNS430W and would like to get the XM weather on it as well, due to ADSB not being available.

What is the best option here? Will a flightstream 210 consolidate all of these signals? Any better solutions?

The GTX345 is not part of any XM solution. You’re looking at a XM receiver connected to your GPS with a FS to provide the connectivity - for an installed solution. The FS will pass the traffic and ADD-B and then you can toggle between Wx sources on your iPad.
But there is no problem with your iPad connected to 2 Bluetooth devices. I do this normally. I connect to my FS510 and my GTX345 for backup ADHRS in case I was to loose the G500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk