Who’s working on this poor machine?

4 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

Not that I agree with the way this plane was left but part of me wonders if the alternator drive coupling nuked. If that’s the case it’s all coming apart anyway. 

If the drive failed, that would not destroy the engine.  It the drive/ or gear disengrated, then yes.  

guys,,, this is the case with probably a 1/3rd  the mechanics in the USA....if you find a good shop treat the mechanics well....they are a dying breed.....

There is a MSC in the USA that would no doubt do the same as in this picture......after they took it apart while smoking a pack of cigarettes.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jim Peace said:

guys,,, this is the case with probably a 1/3rd  the mechanics in the USA....if you find a good shop treat the mechanics well....they are a dying breed.....

There is a MSC in the USA that would no doubt do the same as in this picture......after they took it apart while smoking a pack of cigarettes.  

While there maybe reality to this post, I’ll offer the following in defense of my FBO and it’s mechanics.

My friend and his staff, Phil Kirkham, Coastal Valley Aviation, KSMX, provide excellent quality services and always show respect to their clients/aircraft. 

In my many years of experience with Phil, I’ve never witnessed anything as represented in the photo on this thread. 

My first thought when I saw that photo, was hoping some little “Hangar Pixie” would go out and cover that hole!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

It looks like she is currently available for sale if anyone is in the market for a Rocket.

Jim

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/30138079/1984-mooney-m20k-305-rocket

Should be able to use that pic to negotiate the price down a bit, I'd think.  ;)

When I talked to the owner it was in prebuy at a a shop in Camarillo. I asked him if it was closed and he said no. So it’s still his bird. If I had a pre buy being done by such a shop I’d run away from the deal. I’ve seen so many aircraft left out by this guy with cowlings removed and raining down on open engine. Big no no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Mjknick@gmail.com said:

When I talked to the owner it was in prebuy at a a shop in Camarillo. I asked him if it was closed and he said no. So it’s still his bird. If I had a pre buy being done by such a shop I’d run away from the deal. I’ve seen so many aircraft left out by this guy with cowlings removed and raining down on open engine. Big no no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please put the name of the shop in in bold letters in this thread!  Or PM me the name and I’ll post them up. I’d be fuming if a prebuy shit on my plane that way and we’d be having words...

I am mystified, that's maintenance, not really a pre-buy? Did the alternator fail going for the pre-buy?

Before there was lots of evidence to the contrary, I was going to remark that it could have been left open by a ramp ferry. But that is a sad sight for sure.