Monroy long range tanks

RogueOne

I miss the postings of the Cirrus driver. Towards the end he was having troubles with his engine/turbo and I wish him the best. 

Im curious what the difference is between the ~100 gallon rocket/missile/J with long range tanks vs the longbodies.  Many of the LR upgrades had two fill ports per side.  Are different bays used in different aircraft to help w&b?

Some LR tanks were separated with some space from the stock tanks...

So they are connected at the top and bottom... air going one way, as fuel goes the other...

They aren’t separate tanks with respect to having valves to keep one full while draining the other...

Fill one hole, and the fuel spreads out.... the extra hole is to put the fuel in further uphill...

Long Bodies got 100+ gallon capacity, and have the single fill hole further uphill...

In the end, you have a left tank and a right tank, and one valve to operate which tank you want to pull fuel from...

PP thoughts only...

Best regards,

-a-

10 hours ago, MIm20c said:

I miss the postings of the Cirrus driver. Towards the end he was having troubles with his engine/turbo and I wish him the best. 

Im curious what the difference is between the ~100 gallon rocket/missile/J with long range tanks vs the longbodies.  Many of the LR upgrades had two fill ports per side.  Are different bays used in different aircraft to help w&b?

As always just callin’ ‘em as I sees ‘em.  I still get called out for one thread years later even though I deleted all my posts including the original....

My comments were defining only his content in THAT post.

The LR tanks fuel indicator is not accurate until the fuel drains to the inboard and, in my Bravo around 75 gallons or so, I’m diligent in determining the amount of fuel on takeoff, inflight and monitoring my fuel totalizer.

I and my wife considers the installation of LR tanks the number one and best addition to the Bravo turning it to a true long range airliner, it most likely has paid for itself in time saved and the ability to fly past many frontal boundaries.

Many trips of are 1000+ miles doing these nonstop in about 5+ hours has increased our safety  and increased here enjoyment, her goal in regard to an airplane is going from point A to point B as fast as practical, limited patience I on the other hand enjoy flying.

Not flying at night any more has made the tanks even more a plus, we’ve made trips nonstop otherwise we’d have to spend a night, all the savings in time and utility has made it a great purchase. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Danb said:

The LR tanks fuel indicator is not accurate until the fuel drains to the inboard and, in my Bravo around 75 gallons or so, I’m diligent in determining the amount of fuel on takeoff, inflight and monitoring my fuel totalizer.

I and my wife considers the installation of LR tanks the number one and best addition to the Bravo turning it to a true long range airliner, it most likely has paid for itself in time saved and the ability to fly past many frontal boundaries.

Many trips of are 1000+ miles doing these nonstop in about 5+ hours has increased our safety  and increased here enjoyment, her goal in regard to an airplane is going from point A to point B as fast as practical, limited patience I on the other hand enjoy flying.

Not flying at night any more has made the tanks even more a plus, we’ve made trips nonstop otherwise we’d have to spend a night, all the savings in time and utility has made it a great purchase. 

+1

The Monroy Long Range Tanks are the best speed mod made for a Mooney. They provide a multitude of options (tankering cheaper fuel, non-stop flights, avoiding weather, peace of mind, etc)  I've had them on three Mooneys and wouldn't own a Mooney without them. 

1597776093_ScreenShot2019-08-21at8_20_04AM.thumb.png.84ebad5832993784db5c42457578131e.png

• Like 1