Looking for a rigid entry step

BrianW

Hi,

I am looking for a rigid fixed step for my 1979 Mooney M20J .

My short wife has some trouble stepping all the way up on the wing to get in, or jumping down to get out!:D

I tried searching the internet, but all I found were retractable ones on eBay.  But I'm not interested in retractable.  I want the newer rigid entry step.

It would be easier to search it if I knew the actual Mooney part name or even the part number.

It would be nice to find the engineering drawing of it, to make an owner produced part,  if I cannot find a used one for sale.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian:)

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

Hi,

I am looking for a rigid fixed step for my 1979 Mooney M20J .

My short wife has some trouble stepping all the way up on the wing to get in, or jumping down to get out!:D

I tried searching the internet, but all I found were retractable ones on eBay.  But I'm not interested in retractable.  I want the newer rigid entry step.

It would be easier to search it if I knew the actual Mooney part name or even the part number.

It would be nice to find the engineering drawing of it, to make an owner produced part,  if I cannot find a used one for sale.

Thanks,

I’ve seen new ones on sale at lasar.  Call and ask, they’ll help.  They are pricey for a steel tube, so breathe a bit first...

@Alan Fox May have a used one, but realize that they are open to the elements and every one I’ve seen is in some state of serious corrosion from the inside out.

Edited by Ragsf15e

6 hours ago, BrianW said:

Thanks,

You can also borrow an existing one and duplicate it.   In this case many of the dimensions aren't critical.

6 hours ago, Alan Fox said:

You will not find a used one , as they are destroyed in gear ups , and not reinstalled on repair , because of the expense , I do have one , on my 76 C and will part with it , I need to see what it is worth ,   856 419 5209 

Before removal...

Gather some speed data points for before and after for the modern fixed step...

I know a guy...   named Rob... he is trying to know these pieces of data for a modern long body project...  :)

(OK, I made this up... I did talk to Rob once about the electric step...)

Best regards,

-a-