Picked my first Mooney!

After several months and a few mistakes along the way I can finally call N7816V my own. After some training I flew I home today from KOPN to KLYH. I knew that I’d love flying a mooney but this one really impressed me with its efficiency and easy handling characteristics (as long as you keep your speeds right). d7d1bd7ef43216601285ae4fb06bb93b.jpg

1e5bf29d4d8bebac27aa308d956988d3.jpgb8bc6483b9ab39461173be5d19cb6338.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 14

This plane and a 66 E were two of of the nicest short bodies I’ve seen listed for a fair price lately. Both sold very fast...nice job acting fast to nab this one!

It’s been really tough working the market lately. It’s either lower price with a big potential mechanic bill or in in good shape and well equipped with really high acquisition cost. It worked out though!

2 minutes ago, Huitt3106 said:

It’s been really tough working the market lately. It’s either lower price with a big potential mechanic bill or in in good shape and well equipped with really high acquisition cost. It worked out though!

Looks like it really moves too, ~150 kts at 11.5k is really good for any Mooney...even a lowly C :) 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Huitt3106 said:

After several months and a few mistakes along the way I can finally call N7816V my own.

I own N7815V just one serial number before yours...

If you ever get to Central Florida let me know....we should take a picture of them together....

Mine is upgraded as well

15 hours ago, Huitt3106 said:

Based on your PM you threaded the needle beautifully.  Well done!  Gorgeous plane inside and out.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

Here's the fore mentioned 66e.  Love it too!!! And mine will be joining your ranks ... Almost... Getting a 650 and gtx345 for Christmas to get compliant.  Happy for you!

CB805A9D-0FBD-466C-90E3-20745121F69A.jpeg.3bc7221c8fe80b297b13983730e4443e.jpeg

07C4C686-DCCE-4CB8-8774-D539C5B7EE43.thumb.png.f4b24aeb616833a08ea4fd8164562687.png

I remember seeing that one come out about the same time I put the deposit on mine! Are you planning on installing the shoulder harnesses? That would make me really nervous. It looks like a great plane though, and nicely equipped!

When I first saw the round windows I thought it looked old timey but not that attractive.  I recently saw a photo of my aircraft in flight, and I realized the the back window really accentuated the aerodynamic shape of the fuselage.  Now I like it more better.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, steingar said:

When I first saw the round windows I thought it looked old timey but not that attractive.  I recently saw a photo of my aircraft in flight, and I realized the the back window really accentuated the aerodynamic shape of the fuselage.  Now I like it more better.

Agree!  My first M20C was a 1967 with the square windows.  When looking for my current one, I can admit I didn't want an old one with the round windows.  Now I don't like the newer ones!

IMG_0210.PNG

• Like 2