Lycoming factory delays?

jkarch

2 hours ago, jkarch said:

I’ve had on order a Lycoming IO-360-A3B6 since mid June. It was supposed to ship next week but has been delayed till mid September. Anyone here buying a factory rebuilt engine having similar difficulties? Contacting the factory is impossible, so hard to reach.

What does your distributor say? I don't think you can buy direct from Lycoming.

-Robert

Distributor basically just said “part shortages” and said check back in early September. It’s going to be almost 12 weeks now.  Seems to be twice as long as in the past from what I’ve read. Is there some big demand for engines or are there nonconforming parts that Lycoming is trying to replace from their setups? I was told factory new engines have even longer delays. But I really wanted the roller tappets... otherwise I would have considered the Penn Yan A3B6D that was available.

Edited by jkarch

Finally got a call from lycoming. It’s been a busy summer and they had some cylinder shortages as they started making them in-house . In my case it was a shaft of some sort, crankshaft or camshaft maybe.Learned something cool though. When I get my factory remanufactured engine, any part on the parts list with a -70 or -85 is a refurbished part, otherwise parts are new. Interesting...