Mooney 252 Encore Upgrade - Beringer Brakes

Aerodon

I'm familiar with the requirements, anyone have the actual SB or Drawings for me?

1) Engine changes (minor)

2) Control counter weights (minor - bolt on)

3) Brakes themselves, easy enough to do, but fairly expensive.  Changes from 30-56D single piston to 30-65 double piston brakes like the later Mooneys.

4) Gear doors - major cost of parts and labour. 

So I was looking at the Beringer wheels and brakes.  They are quite compact, and might fit 201's, 231's, 252's without gear door modifications and then all the newer Mooneys that come standard with double piston brakes.  If they were to be STC'd, I would say there would be a number of 252 owners who would commit.   I realize that there would still have to be a 'deviation' from the gross weight increase instructions, but I would imaging that someone could get it right with a 337?

I've started a discussion with Beringer, volunteered my plane for testing.  Anyone else interested in helping with this idea?

Aerodon

2 hours ago, Aerodon said:

So I was looking at the Beringer wheels and brakes.  They are quite compact, and might fit 201's, 231's, 252's without gear door modifications and then all the newer Mooneys that come standard with double piston brakes.  If they were to be STD'd, I would say there would be a number of 252 owners who would commit.   I realize that there would still have to be a 'deviation' from the gross weight increase instructions, but I would imaging that someone could get it right with a 337?

Why would you want a sexually transmitted disease in your mooney?

i talked to berhinger at osh about 2 years ago.  Great product.  How much you figure it will cost.