This did not end well.....

I’ve done that with my phone charging cord. I make it a point to sweep the area as a part of my memorized checklist prior to departure and approach. It’s amazing how much crap can accumulate on top of that thing during the flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My dad did that to a full can of Sunkist when I was about 11. We were IMC and had just crossed the FAF. While the approach was otherwise uneventful it ended badly for the Sunkist and also for me and my brother. We were week two into an airborne family cross country vacation. The unstowed Sunkist was minor compared to some of our other behavior.

Edited by Shadrach
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tigers2007 said:

I’ve done that with my phone charging cord. I make it a point to sweep the area as a part of my memorized checklist prior to departure and approach. It’s amazing how much crap can accumulate on top of that thing during the flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost my apple pencil for my iPad Pro 11 for 3 weeks. Last Thursday I was flying up to Sherman, TX for my HP endorsement and (just so happened managed to do an IPC too :)  )  , while pre flighting I saw the pencil down in the hole for the johnson bar hidden way in a corner. Took quite some time to fish it out. I was so baffled on how my Mooney ate the pencil.

Luckily there was nothing else down in there. 

I have caught the charging cable before too. 

Yup. It can be tricky to dislodge things in flight too, but with well over 1000 J-bar Mooneys having been produced, I’m sure some pilot may have caught the full brunt of not having the J-bar stowed fully for gear up while leveraging the handle over the door and steel bar that the compass is attached to for bringing his date into the “mile high” club.